BlackBantie

The Black Bantam
10+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
How's the general trend? I've done some searches on indeed, glassdoor, APA, careermd and found a handful of jobs. Not a terrible selection but not nearly as numerous in other areas and I'm sure it's due to the desirability of the area. But I'm more interested in the trend in availability and pay. I'm not able to leave my current job at the moment but Denver ranks high my list once I finish out my loan repayment requirements at my current gig.

A BONUS side question! I'm currently in academics so I know how all of the academic politics go but does anyone have any insight about how it is like to be part of the faculty at University of Colorado? I know that there are only a couple :rolleyes: threads and posts here about what it was/is like to be a psych resident there but I can't find anything about faculty life in the department.

wolfvgang22

15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
All I know is everybody seems to be moving to the Denver area these days.

Reactions: splik

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status
Attending Physician
Academic Psychiatry meeting is in Denver right now. Faculty I've met seem happy.

About the Ads
Oct 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Great place, I love it too, but the continual influx of people is starting to make it less desirable. Housing is getting expensive and the highways are super congested. Why not Ft. Collins or Co. Springs?

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
Left of Center
Status
Attending Physician
Great place, I love it too, but the continual influx of people is starting to make it less desirable. Housing is getting expensive and the highways are super congested. Why not Ft. Collins or Co. Springs?
No academics there, if that matters. They'd be great places to live though.

About the Ads