Des Moines Biochemistry Textbook

Started by Mr.Fungii
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fungii

Membership Revoked
Removed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an incoming student, was wondering which book they use.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an incoming student and don't know what book we will be using, but in the student Q&A last week, the M1s basically said don't buy any books.
 
I'm an incoming student and don't know what book we will be using, but in the student Q&A last week, the M1s basically said don't buy any books.
Thank you! I'll just buy a cheap one off ebay to review during this quarantine.
 
From a DMU student. You don’t need the books. Cmon now don’t deny this is a dumb post
I'm laid off of work because of this shelter in place. I've got nothing to do, I've never taken a biochem. I just want to get ahead cuz I've heard it's difficult for first year.
 
You will not learn anything more from a biochem textbook that you cannot on youtube. In fact, the first two year of medical school can be learned from youtube (or other cheaper sources)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It won't be too long before you realized that you have to work smarter and not harder. Putting you on ignore for now. There's no need arguing with you.
 
How down on your luck, and miserable do you have to be to reply to someones thread in such a condesending way. I'm beside myself that this forum has become so negative. If you see my post, and think its a waste of time then ignore it. If you know the answer then let me know. If I broke the rules then report it, and get me banned.
 
How down on your luck, and miserable do you have to be to reply to someones thread in such a condesending way. I'm beside myself that this forum has become so negative. If you see my post, and think its a waste of time then ignore it. If you know the answer then let me know. If I broke the rules then report it, and get me banned.
I have no idea what I said here that was condescending but OK... I told you the answer, You don't need a textbook that was my answer. Check Osmosis, dirty medicine, Khan Academy. All of them, great resources. I literally never bought a textbook, nor did I ever open one during my first 2 years so far in medical school, and I've still been able to do fine in all my classes. The only books you will ever need to open is First Aid and Pathoma. Good luck!!!
 
Last edited:
I have no idea what I said here that was condescending but OK... I literally told you the answer, You don't need a textbook that was my answer. Check dirty USMLE, Osmosis, dirty medicine, Khan Academy. All of them, great resources. I literally never bought a textbook, nor did I ever open one during my first 2 years so far in medical school, and I've still been able to do fine in all my classes. The only books you will ever need to open is First Aid and Pathoma. Good luck!!!
That textbook money, I am using to buy an iPad 😀
 
Status
Not open for further replies.