Desperate for advice - Withdrawal from online prereq class?

Started by deleted1108162
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1108162

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

So I have already submitted my AMCAS apps. I am out of date on one of my prerequisite courses and I paid over $1k to take it online. However, the online course is not working out for me as I have many other obligations at this time, and I will be behind by the time I can actually start paying attention to the online course.

I want to withdraw from the class and take it on campus at a community college in the fall, when I am done with my summer obligations.

I did write on my AMCAS application that I am taking the online class, but I want to drop out after 2 weeks due to the busyness of my schedule over the summer. I will be focusing intently on the class in person in the fall. My obligations are that I am working a full-time clinical job and also undergoing licensing training for EMT, and taking this summer course on top of everything has been tough.

How do I go about updating med schools about the change in my plans? Does this look bad to medical schools? Thanks guys!! I am so nervous about this and don't want to jeopardize med school admissions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My main conflict this summer is that I am working a clinical job and undergoing licensing training, and I want to spend more time towards my clinical job and licensing training over the summer. I will start the course in the fall again. Do you think saying this to medical schools is appropriate to discuss why I have a "W" on my transcript for my summer class?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my schools requires me to update because this is a prerequiste course. So when I update them, would I give them my W transcript for the online course and the currently enrolled transcript for the fall course?