Destroyer schedule/problems per day/BC tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goprodent2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So i have about 1 month left till test day. I have the 2017 Dat and Math Destroyer. How many problems should I do a day. is there a limit I shouldn't go over? Also, I want to go through each section at least twice. I've been told that doing the destroyer at least twice will help you be prepared for test day

I finish Mike's gen chem videos. starting Ochem videos. Will watch those (about 1/day) as i do the destroyer. and half-way through Feralis Bio notes.

Also, i heard that these problems shouldn't be timed at all for DAT destroyer. Should the Math destroyer practice tests be timed either or no?

As for BC, i haven't done any practice tests yet, bc I have been doing review. So, I was thinking of doing a subject test a day with destroyer questions???

Any other advice or info would be appreciated. Thank yous for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there is a limit on the number of problems you can do in a day, that's going to come down to whatever you're comfortable with. Also, don't time yourself on the first run through Destroyer, but if you have the time to go through it again, that is when you should time yourself. If you decide to do the BC subject tests (more practice is never a bad idea), make sure you use tests 6-10. Don't neglect reading, math, or PAT.

I would definitely prioritize getting through mikes ASAP though. Its only going to make doing Destroyer problems that much more difficult if you haven't gone over that particular organic topic yet.

I don't think there is a limit on the number of problems you can do in a day, that's going to come down to whatever you're comfortable with. Also, don't time yourself on the first run through Destroyer, but if you have the time to go through it again, that is when you should time yourself. If you decide to do the BC subject tests (more practice is never a bad idea), make sure you use tests 6-10. Don't neglect reading, math, or PAT.

I would definitely prioritize getting through mikes ASAP though. Its only going to make doing Destroyer problems that much more difficult if you haven't gone over that particular organic topic yet.
Ok, thank you. Hopefully i can go through all of it twice and i'll time myself the 2nd time around. For BC, i read the study guide and it said to use tests 6-10 for practice and leave 1-5 for full length. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go through each math destroyer test at least once untimed to get a feel for things, then time yourself when you're comfortable with the process. I did about 65 bio questions, 35 GC, and 40 orgo questions per day and that worked well for me. Just make sure you really understand the bio questions--ie why answers are right/wrong, not just which answer is correct. good luck!!

I would go through each math destroyer test at least once untimed to get a feel for things, then time yourself when you're comfortable with the process. I did about 65 bio questions, 35 GC, and 40 orgo questions per day and that worked well for me. Just make sure you really understand the bio questions--ie why answers are right/wrong, not just which answer is correct. good luck!!
Thank you. I was thinking of doing at least 40 in each section, and a bit more for bio bc there is so many questions. I appreciate your help

Thank you. I was thinking of doing at least 40 in each section, and a bit more for bio bc there is so many questions. I appreciate your help
no problem. It really depends on how comfortable you are with each section. I had been out of school for 2 years when I took my test, 30-40 questions a day is plenty if you feel good about it

Reactions: 1 user