Determining GPA for Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemistI

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how does one determine their GPA when applying to a pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

ChemistI said:
how does one determine their GPA when applying to a pharmacy school?

Take all your college class grades (0=F, D=1, C=2, B=3, A=4) and add them up for ALL your classes. Then add up the credits for ALL the classes you have taken.

Multiply your grade number times your credit number then divide by credit number. This will give you your GPA.

This should be how your grades have been calculated since 1st grade.

How else would one calculate a GPA?

You can also do the same for pharmacy prereq courses to determine your prereq GPA.

pharmacology said:
Multiply your grade number times your credit number then divide by credit number. This will give you your GPA.
Unless I really forgot my algebra...if you multiply by the credit number, then divide by it...you'll just get the grade number you started with.

Try this:
Grade x Credit Hours = Quality Points (EX: A = 4 point x 4 credits = 16 quality pts)

Add up all Quality Points (will have a figure for each course you took), then divide by the Total Number of Credits. This should give you your GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm47 said:
pharmacology said:
Unless I really forgot my algebra...if you multiply by the credit number, then divide by it...you'll just get the grade number you started with.

Try this:
Grade x Credit Hours = Quality Points (EX: A = 4 point x 4 credits = 16 quality pts)

Add up all Quality Points (will have a figure for each course you took), then divide by the Total Number of Credits. This should give you your GPA.

Doh :eek: Been way too many years since I had to calculate...you are correct. I really hate being a dufus sometimes :D

pharmacology said:
Pharm47 said:
pharmacology said:

Doh :eek: Been way too many years since I had to calculate...you are correct. I really hate being a dufus sometimes :D

same here!!