Devastated with a 120 CARS score. please give me some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wildestdreams25

Reaction score
Hello, I just got my MCAT score 4 minutes ago and I got a 503 with a 120 CARS score. The first time I wrote the exam, I got a 499 with a 123 CARS score. I plan on applying next cycle, but I am not sure if I should apply with this CARS score. I had been studying for this exam for nearly 2.5 years and I am absolutely tired of it. It has consumed my whole life for the past few years and I want to move on with my application. Are there any medical schools that will look at my CARS score and automatically reject me? I am truly heart broken. I have a 3.86 GPA and 3.85 cGPA, two publications (one as a first author), thousands of clinical and nonclinical service, shadowing hours and great letters of recommendations. Please tell me if I am even eligible to apply.
I forgot to add that I am a URM (African male), whose first language is not English.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I just got my MCAT score 4 minutes ago and I got a 503 with a 120 CARS score. The first time I wrote the exam, I got a 499 with a 123 CARS score. I plan on applying next cycle, but I am not sure if I should apply with this CARS score. I had been studying for this exam for nearly 2.5 years and I am absolutely tired of it. It has consumed my whole life for the past few years and I want to move on with my application. Are there any medical schools that will look at my CARS score and automatically reject me? I am truly heart broken. I have a 3.86 GPA and 3.85 cGPA, two publications (one as a first author), thousands of clinical and nonclinical service, shadowing hours and great letters of recommendations. Please tell me if I am even eligible to apply.
I forgot to add that I am a URM (African male), whose first language is not English.
Historically black colleges, and some do schools will not penalize you.

CARS is historically the hardest section for non-english speakers to handle. Trying to improve on it is also difficult

Reactions: 1 user
Historically black colleges, and some do schools will not penalize you.

CARS is historically the hardest section for non-english speakers to handle. Trying to improve on it is also difficult
I am a Texas resident and would like to apply MD. Do you think I will have a shot?

Members don't see this ad :)
my friend is at ucsf with a very low cars score, and an overall good mcat score bc the cars was very low. english also was not his first language. i think its stacked against yall and schools recognize that

Reactions: 1 users
You are competitive for many DO schools with your stats and could also receive MD interviews. For MD schools I suggest these:
All your Texas TMDSAS schools.
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Indiana
Miami
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 90% chance for a MD acceptance.
For DO schools I suggest these:
TCOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
UIWSOM
OSU-COM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
my friend is at ucsf with a very low cars score, and an overall good mcat score bc the cars was very low. english also was not his first language. i think its stacked against yall and schools recognize that
Thank you for saying this, it gives me hope.

You are competitive for many DO schools with your stats and could also receive MD interviews. For MD schools I suggest these:
All your Texas TMDSAS schools.
TCU-UNT
Tulane
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse
UCLA Drew
Indiana
Miami
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have a 90% chance for a MD acceptance.
For DO schools I suggest these:
TCOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
UIWSOM
OSU-COM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
ACOM
WCU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
MU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
Thank you! Do you think it is too late to apply to this schools this cycle, or should I stick with my original decision to apply next cycle?