Developing Contact Lens Fitting Skills

Started by WMHandCTI
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WMHandCTI

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q for current docs out in practice: We all can't do a contact lens residency so what do you suggest new grads do to develop their contact lens fitting skills out in practice? Is this something that just comes with time? I feel like I learned a lot about CLs, but I just never got much real hands on experience with fitting a variety of cases.
 
Q for current docs out in practice: We all can't do a contact lens residency so what do you suggest new grads do to develop their contact lens fitting skills out in practice? Is this something that just comes with time? I feel like I learned a lot about CLs, but I just never got much real hands on experience with fitting a variety of cases.

1) Read and stay current with the new lens technology and fitting styles. Every practitioner fits different.

2) Attend one of the hands on CE workshops that are offered.

Here's the link to just one that I may attend next year:

http://www.revoptom.com/email/0610SanDiegoSym.html