Device Interrogation billing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Modanq

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who staff CT ICU we are often called upon to do a turn down examination under ultrasound guidance for BiVAD/ RVAD or optimization of LVAD speeds, or ECMO turndown examinations. Or Repositioning of impella alarming devices.

Do you guys first of all document this as a procedure or have a mechanism for coding this under ultrasound tte guidence procedure. It not as straight forward as "yup looks good." Any pointers to improve reimbursement?

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting thought. I manipulate ECMO flows and VAD speeds often but never thought about billing. i am not sure even my HF colleagues bill formit either. Everyone seems to accept as bundled with ICU time.

We’re asking our billers what they think of 93308 (limited TTE)...ASE defines it as “a focused clinical exam to answer a specific clinical question”. You have to clip images and document your interpretation of those images/the “clinical situation”.

Last edited: