DI Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letjin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is your most frequently used resource when you work on your cases?
Does it vary with type of diseases, or do you start with certain resources and expand on?

Personally, I just started doing SOAP note thing, and most times I get everything out of Micromedex...

Members don't see this ad.

Besides the clinical trials, I use Micromedex and MDConsult alot. I also order review articles from PubMed

Members don't see this ad :)
letjin said:
Just out of curiosity, what is your most frequently used resource when you work on your cases?
Does it vary with type of diseases, or do you start with certain resources and expand on?

Personally, I just started doing SOAP note thing, and most times I get everything out of Micromedex...

I suggest looking into Lexi-Comp

We get the Clinical Pharmacology CD for free, so I use that a lot. It's quicker because I don't need to connect to the internet & go through UF's library. I also use my notes quite a bit for my initial drug choice. They are all organized with colored flags so I can get right to a disease state.

clinical pharmacalogy's great, and we get it for free, too. but, have you looked into the actual price of it (roughly $500 per year). I don't know what I'm going to do after I graduate.

the other websites are good, too...pubmed, micromedex, medscape. globalrph.com is a good one for doing your kinetic calculations for you. and, it has some basic clinical information as well.

Thank you all for your input; my school library/online provides clinical pharmacology and I never looked at it.

meg said:
Any student can get a free subscription to Drug Info at http://www.pharmacyonesource.com
yeah and i had one until they did that ridiculous thing of faxing in my id and all sorts of bologna.... i would just rather use my clinical pharmacology that is free through my school than jump through hoops for them