Diary: ExamKracker MCAT studying begins... Who is with me? Version 6 for May

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christian15213

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!!

Just wanted to invite anyone who owns the examkrackers examination books version 6 and is starting to study for the mcats this upcomming April / May. I can only afford to take this test one time because the application and entire process begins for me this summer.

I have started first with the Biology section and have a couple comments and things about the book that I like so far and some complaints so far. I have only done lecture one.

As well, I have audio osmosis and one of the things I really like is that is follows the book quite nicely. Please respond asap and we can work on things and go through things together.

Members don't see this ad.

to be honest i think that EK is fine...but if you are a visual learner i recomend this web...it is a tremendous help for gen chem. I love it.
http://www2.wwnorton.com/college/chemistry/gilbert/overview/ch1.htm
In general...use internet as much as possible. Whenever i don't understand something i just google it. You can find a lot of descent material out there that has one major thing about it: it's CHEAP:D

wow, this website is freaking awesome... Thanks again... really saves time and gets right to the freaking point... just did the molarity tutorial... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wow, this website is freaking awesome... Thanks again... really saves time and gets right to the freaking point... just did the molarity tutorial... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL...don't you just loooove that site.
I am always using it after reading a topic in EK. It clarifies a lot of things and those tutorials are great for a visual learner i am. I just finished gass tutorial and it is not even a bit confusing like the EK is.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second that is is one freakin awesome website!!! Anything like this for Biology?

i never found a website like this which would have everything on it. But you can find stuff by topic that are pretty awsome. Just type in for instance :"meiosis tutorial" into google search and there will be some good ones.
I agree that chem website is a killer. I love it. It is almost enough MCAT review by itself and what is the best that is short and to the point while has step by step instructions on problems which EK lacks big time.
I hate how they explain so little and then they test it on the 30-minute exam:mad: Whith this web at least i get to know how to do problems:)

i officially hate EK physics. It's crap. I think out of all books physics is their weakest one(followed by orgo). I just did 30-min exam for lecture 2 and got eaten up with an 8 (stupid mistakes, like i don't think:mad: ). But at least i was done on time. PS seems to be the only section i finish on time.

As for the EK physics quality....Thanks God i have Berkeley Review and Nova which are more in depth and get to the freaking point without ambiguous explanations and stupid drawings that have nothing to do with the test.
On the other side Ek gchem lecture 2,4,6 were quite good. I need some more explanation to solutions and buffers so i am using Berkeley Review books for it. They are really awsome if you need to review the dusty areas.
I am going to be done with EK phys lecture 5 in and bio lecture 4 today.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about...

I talked to my professor today about getting a LOR, and he tells me that he wants my MCAT score first, and he'll only write me one if I get more than a 27. I'm depending on him to be my major LOR, so now I absolutely have to get better than a 27. I'm hoping for more than a 30, but still...

How's everyone's studying going?

As if I didn't have enough to worry about...

I talked to my professor today about getting a LOR, and he tells me that he wants my MCAT score first, and he'll only write me one if I get more than a 27. I'm depending on him to be my major LOR, so now I absolutely have to get better than a 27. I'm hoping for more than a 30, but still...

How's everyone's studying going?

wow what a ******ed professor:rolleyes:
I wouldn't ask anyone like this for a LOR. Chances are he is going to write something bad...

wow what a ******ed professor:rolleyes:
I wouldn't ask anyone like this for a LOR. Chances are he is going to write something bad...

Naw, he's cool. I like him. I'm just not doing so hot on my practice tests (I've gotten 26 on the last three, which included the Kaplan Diagnostic). With almost a month to go, I'm not feeling so good about the exam anymore.

Ok, I think I'm understanding concepts more than I did a couple months ago, but I'm still in a rut in my practice score tests. I took the Princeton test last night and got a 27 (10-7-10), and my Kaplan diagnostic was a 26 (8-7-11), which I took almost a month ago. I'm not entirely sure what I should focus on, since all my scores are pretty consistent (less than 10 for PS and V, about 10 for BS).

I bought 101 Passages, so I think I'm going to work through those, doing 6-7 passages at a time (instead of going through the 9 in each section). My scores may not reflect my actual abilities, but it's more realistic, I think.

How's everyone else's studying going?

Hey everyone...
I was on here a little while ago... then classes started kicking my arse. Now I'm back on my grind... taking it at the end of the May because I want to have it out the way before I start this summer program I'm doing.

I'm excited tho... its really close!!! And Examkrackers is great.... they have really been helping me. What's everyone's target score. Mine was 30, but I think I'mma shoot a lil' higher.

BTW... great Chemistry website.