Diastology in ICU

Started by FiO2@21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FiO2@21

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Practicing part-time Intensivist studying for critical care TTE boards... so many diastology questions made me wonder; anyone have access to an ultrasound that's capable of doing tissue doppler?? They all have PW/CW, etc but I've only seen tissue doppler on the actual echo machines. But maybe the units I moonlight at cheaped out.

Curious what practice patterns exist out there.
 
Practicing part-time Intensivist studying for critical care TTE boards... so many diastology questions made me wonder; anyone have access to an ultrasound that's capable of doing tissue doppler?? They all have PW/CW, etc but I've only seen tissue doppler on the actual echo machines. But maybe the units I moonlight at cheaped out.

Curious what practice patterns exist out there.
No, the devices in the units for lines and POCUS usually don't have either the best resolution or the fancier modes. I've only worked in one place where I could get a better machine. Even then, it was an aged Philips CX50, but the capabilities were more than the sonosite and GE machines on the unit.