Did anyone apply to FAMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good Luck EVERYONE again and keep PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing yet for me

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! I checked my mailbox today hoping i'd see it, but nop not yet. Hopefully by tomorrow?

Of course, I went to the mailbox also and there wasn't anything there! Hopefully tomorrow! Praying for everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I even have my husband on edge. I'm having him go to the house to check the mail on his lunch break. Hehe... Please let it be there!!!!

Nothing, yet again!! Why do they have to send it through snail mail. :( Hope you all have better luck today!!!

Me too..... Im going crazy crazy crazy thinking about you FAMU... lol still nothing

I was looking @ last year's forum and most of the people got their letters on April 23rd soooo it should be here sometime this week! UGHHH!! this is tooooo long!

I have a three friends who are in the 6 years program at FAMU for pharmacy and all three of them just received their acceptance letters today. My friends told me the admission told them they mailed their stuffs on Friday (April 16), and also informed them they mailed the letter for transfer students on April 19) -- So you guys should receive it by tomorrow or Thursday! Good luck!

Hello all...i just got my acceptance letter today.....yessss! Thank god! Good luck to all, look forward to seeing you all this fall!!! I also need a roommate...call me 850 459 5562 yisel.

HEEEY girl!!! Congratulations!!! that was fastttt!!! I'm hoping to get a letter tomorrow. Where do you live @ right now? ECCKKK. I'm nervous! What did it say? AHHH FILL ME IN!! hehehehe!

CONGRATS!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!!! This gives me hope that mine will be in the mail soon!!! Big Hug!!!!! Congrats!

Thank you all!...Im in tallahassee, i moved from west palm last year and attended FAMU as a Biology major just to finish some pre-req's with the hopes of getting accepted...WHICH I DID!!!!! YAYYYYYYY.... Hope everyone here gets accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I WANT TO SEE ALL OF YOU IN ORIENTATION! Does anyone know a good price, nice, clean, safe, area to live in tallahassee with pleasent roomies?..I need some roommates as well!!!!:love::laugh::D

:) Congrats!!! Crossing my fingers for a letter today. :xf:

OMG, I am accepted to FAMU COP 2014:love:
Good luck to everyone who went to interview.

Ok, so my letter has arrived, now I have to wait till I get home from work @ 7:30 to find out if I got in. This is going to be a long afternoon. :eek:

So does the cliche stand? Big envelope your in, small envelope your not?

By the way Congrats to those who have made it thus far!!!:p:D:)

just a small envelope

Last edited:
I got my letter today!!!!! I'm sooooo happy I got in thank you GOD you really did hear all my prayers...... Thank you to everyone on this site we stuck together and hopefully will all be there for orientation...... Now its time to plan my trip back to Tallahassee and find a nice home!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

:soexcited:God is sooooo awesome!!!! I recieved my letter today!!!! CONGRATS TO ALL!!!! SEE YOU IN THE FALL!!!!!:highfive:

FAMU RX 2014 :love:

*MAKE SURE TO FAX AND MAIL YOUR FORMS!!!

I didn't make the cut:(. But congrats to all that did. I wish you all luck!!!

Im sorry for those who did not get this opportunity. With so many applicants it is very compitetive! But dont give up, this is just the beginning, go forward in your dreams! Apply next year, apply to other schools whose deadline is not up yet! Never, never, NEVER give up! Things always happen for a reason! Just be positive and keep your head up. YOU CAN DO IT!

Congratulations to all that made it! It was a difficult journey, but we will be there in August! Lets stick together! =)

Last edited:
Ahh I'm superr excited! I received my acceptance letter yesterday. I can't wait to meet everyone at orientation!!

:D CLASS OF 2014!!

Any one know of a relatively inexpensive and safe place to live?...anyone looking for a roommate???....i might need some roommates if i find a place??....contact me at [email protected] thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone looking for a roommate??? I found some places that seem to be safe but they are expensive for a one bedroom. Contact me at [email protected]

Has anyone received official acceptance letter from famu ?

I havent recieved official acceptance, but im taking 2 summer courses. =)

Yeah... I received my official acceptance letter about a week ago.

i havent recieved anything =/...how did you recieve it!!!

@Demetri: Hi. What is the major stated on your official acceptance letter? I have pharmacy-undergraduate. Should it be pharmacy-professional? I'm confused :confused:

@Demetri: Hi. What is the major stated on your official acceptance letter? I have pharmacy-undergraduate. Should it be pharmacy-professional? I'm confused :confused:

my letter says pharmacy-undergraduate as well.... although it is the professional program you have not graduated yet so you are still considered an undergraduate. Hope that helps!:)

my letter says pharmacy-undergraduate as well.... although it is the professional program you have not graduated yet so you are still considered an undergraduate. Hope that helps!:)
Thanks. What a relief. One more thing, I received an orientation letter. It says that i need to register for an orientation in june or july. did you receive it as well? should we ignore it cause the acceptance letter from dean says that the orentation is in august? :confused:

Thanks. What a relief. One more thing, I received an orientation letter. It says that i need to register for an orientation in june or july. did you receive it as well? should we ignore it cause the acceptance letter from dean says that the orentation is in august? :confused:

No i never recieved an orientation letter.... but it could be that your a transfer (im in the 0-6 program). they may want you to do a school tour that is different from the pharmacy orientation..who knows... but if i were you i would just call them and ask.

Did anyone ever find out if we have to go to that orientation in July or can we just go to the one in August?

I called the pharm school, and they said that we only need to go to the one in august.
Does anyone have different answer?

I called the pharm school, and they said that we only need to go to the one in august.
Does anyone have different answer?

I called and spoke with someone in the pharmacy department and they said that if we are starting the pharmacy professional program we only need to attend the august orientation.

Hi guys, for those of you whose major is classified as pharm-undergraduate, what did you put for degree that you'll work on and grade level on FAFSA? I have no idea what I should put on it :confused:

Hey All. I am new to this site and was glad to find other people who got into FAMU! I was wondering if anyone has gotten any additional information about orientation other than the letter from the Dean? Also, does anyone know about the dress code for girls? Thanks and Congrats to everyone.

Yes its from the 16-18th of august in the new pharmacy building....dress code is professional for men with ties and all, for women is business casual....your best bet is dress pants and a nice dress shirt.

Thanks for the info about the dress code. I didnt want to come in too dressy.

Hey has anyone recieved a letter detailing everything that we are doing for orientation? I was talking to a friend today and she knows someone who recieved a letter of that sort but i never did... just wanted to know whats on it

Please what are your stats like that u consider it not competitive for FAMU? I am looking to apply there too.

Hello all...i just got my acceptance letter today.....yessss! Thank god! Good luck to all, look forward to seeing you all this fall!!! I also need a roommate...call me 850 459 5562 yisel.

Hey congrats on ur admission. So u r in FAMU right? If u dont mind, what was ur GPA and what were the other important things that earned u admission into FAMU. I am looking to apply there, Thanks