How Long Did It Take For Them To Reply To Your Application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heq

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application for Fall 2021. It was verified by PharmCas two days ago. I was just wondering if any students who have applied there could tell me how long it took for them to reach out to you afterwards. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email that my application has been submitted to MCPHS along with my own username for the login portal. That was quick.. lol. I’ll keep this forum updated.

They called yesterday and approved my application. I have a zoom interview in two weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your interview! How long did it take for them to reach out afterwards? How did the interview go? And what were your stats if you don't mind sharing!

Congrats on your interview! How long did it take for them to reach out afterwards? How did the interview go? And what were your stats if you don't mind sharing!
My application was approved on the 8th of October, I set up an interview on the 15th and was accepted on the 22nd of October. The interview was ok, it was over zoom. I had a 3.2 GPA and I didn’t take the PCAT. Are you thinking of applying?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for answering! Yeah my application got approved/submitted on 12/27. I am pretty nervous! How did you prepare for your interview? How was the writing prompt?

Thank you for answering! Yeah my application got approved/submitted on 12/27. I am pretty nervous! How did you prepare for your interview? How was the writing prompt?
Everything was over Zoom. Just one guy interviewed me. He asks you about your goals, and some very basic questions like, “why do you want to be a pharmacist?”, “what skills you have that would make you a good pharmacist?”.

The writing prompt was online as well. It was timed, they give you three questions and you have to pick one and answer it.
Overall the process wasn’t bad.

Good luck! I know you’ll do fine!

I just finished my interview. It went pretty well :) Thanks for your help!

I got accepted! I'm surprised it only took one day for their decision! See you this Fall :D

Woohoo! See you in the Fall, Pookie!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everything was over Zoom. Just one guy interviewed me. He asks you about your goals, and some very basic questions like, “why do you want to be a pharmacist?”, “what skills you have that would make you a good pharmacist?”.

The writing prompt was online as well. It was timed, they give you three questions and you have to pick one and answer it.
Overall the process wasn’t bad.
Hi @China96 I have my interview next week and would appreciate any tips you may have especially for the writing sample. Thanks!

Hi @China96 I have my interview next week and would appreciate any tips you may have especially for the writing sample. Thanks!
You’ll do fine, it’s a very easy process! They ask you very basic questions during the interview like “why do you want to be a pharmacist?” and “why did you choose MCPHS?” The writing prompt is easy, too! It’s not super in depth, they just want to know that you can write proper sentences!

Listen, you're all going to get into this school. the school doesn't reject anyone, but because of that, a huge percent of the students fail and waste $50k a semester going here. I've been here a while and trust me, if you get into ANY other school other than this one, go to it. this school is not what is promotes to be, some of the professors are okay but the faculty overall is terrible and its more about miscellaneous things than youre actual work or test scores. Every one of you that applied will get in which is great, I remember waiting to see if I got into a school and its a great feeling to get into any school but trust me, this is not the school you want to go to. if I could have redone it, I would have changed to a 4 year program and would have picked a decent school. there's a reason its rated so low and there's a reason why under 70% of the students pass the NAPLEX.

Reactions: 3 users
Listen, you're all going to get into this school. the school doesn't reject anyone, but because of that, a huge percent of the students fail and waste $50k a semester going here. I've been here a while and trust me, if you get into ANY other school other than this one, go to it. this school is not what is promotes to be, some of the professors are okay but the faculty overall is terrible and its more about miscellaneous things than youre actual work or test scores. Every one of you that applied will get in which is great, I remember waiting to see if I got into a school and its a great feeling to get into any school but trust me, this is not the school you want to go to. if I could have redone it, I would have changed to a 4 year program and would have picked a decent school. there's a reason its rated so low and there's a reason why under 70% of the students pass the NAPLEX.
Thank you for sharing your experience I got accepted at MCPHS and Ohio northern for their 0-6 program and I am confused about which one to enroll with.

Thank you for sharing your experience I got accepted at MCPHS and Ohio northern for their 0-6 program and I am confused about which one to enroll with?

Phew, PharmacyPhreak! This second semester is kicking my ass. Lol.

A little update:

To anyone reading this, it is a challenge but not one that is completely unable to be overcome. I will say that buying the books has helped. Read the chapters before going into class and that should help you with the study process. Lectures are filmed so you can watch them back as many times as you wish. Some professors curve the exams heavily, others allow for a remediation exam if you earn under 60% in order to earn a 60% on the exam, others use supplemental work (like quizzes, extra credit to help boost your grade). It is a lot of self-study and professors want you to think out of the box a lot of times. Not impossible to do, but definitely requires a lot of work and determination.

A little update:

To anyone reading this, it is a challenge but not one that is completely unable to be overcome. I will say that buying the books has helped. Read the chapters before going into class and that should help you with the study process. Lectures are filmed so you can watch them back as many times as you wish. Some professors curve the exams heavily, others allow for a remediation exam if you earn under 60% in order to earn a 60% on the exam, others use supplemental work (like quizzes, extra credit to help boost your grade). It is a lot of self-study and professors want you to think out of the box a lot of times. Not impossible to do, but definitely requires a lot of work and determination.
Hi there , appreciate your reply . I am very confused about mcphs as in many forums it has lots of negative reviews and that they accept more students and many end up failing so I appreciate your honest opinion. I also heard they don’t offer courses and you have to wait a year before taking the course again?

Hi there , appreciate your reply . I am very confused about mcphs as in many forums it has lots of negative reviews and that they accept more students and many end up failing so I appreciate your honest opinion. I also heard they don’t offer courses and you have to wait a year before taking the course again?
It’s true, they don’t offer make-up courses during the summer/winter so you have to make them up a year later. Some classes offer remediation exams that you can take if you scored under a 60% on an exam. I think if you are doing well in most of your courses, but you performed poorly in one class, they will allow you to take a remediation exam to offset that one bad course.

It’s true, they don’t offer make-up courses during the summer/winter so you have to make them up a year later. Some classes offer remediation exams that you can take if you scored under a 60% on an exam. I think if you are doing well in most of your courses, but you performed poorly in one class, they will allow you to take a remediation exam to offset that one bad course.
Thank you for your reply. I need to make up my mind soon and I am scared to make the wrong choice. Location wise MCPHS is great vs OHIO northern but so many negative comments makes me think If I am doing the right choice by going with MCPHS

Thank you for your reply. I need to make up my mind soon and I am scared to make the wrong choice. Location wise MCPHS is great vs OHIO northern but so many negative comments makes me think If I am doing the right choice by going with MCPHS
Go with your intuition, mryem. With determination and passion, I am positive you’ll succeed at any school! Good luck!