Did anyone guess on three passages on the mcat and still do well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalabear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was running out of time on the PS questions and had to guess on the last three passages. did anyone else have to do something like this? any success stories in spite of it? also, what's the deal with experimental passages- is it true that some of the passages don't count? thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

my friend had to guess on the last one and a half passages of verbal, and ended up with a 9.

myodana said:
my friend had to guess on the last one and a half passages of verbal, and ended up with a 9.

when you say "guess", is this a truly blind / random selection, or skimming with brief consideration of answer choices??

I didn't have physics II or organic II when I took it. And I wasn't really all that prepared - not like I would have liked. I guessed a lot. Got a 29.

Members don't see this ad :)
(|) said:
I didn't have physics II or organic II when I took it. And I wasn't really all that prepared - not like I would have liked. I guessed a lot. Got a 29.

thanks you guys- your responses make me feel better. unfortunately it was a blind guess but i am hoping one of the passages was experimental. is it true there are experimental passages or am i making that up?

do a search on experimental passages. There are even some links to AAMC web pages about this. They do exist.

stoleyerscrubz said:
do a search on experimental passages. There are even some links to AAMC web pages about this. They do exist.

I didn't have time to read two passages, but read the questions and felt somewhat okay about a few of the choices. I was scoring 11 and above on the practice tests, so here's hoping to the experimental passage theory...

Adam

aamartin81 said:
I didn't have time to read two passages, but read the questions and felt somewhat okay about a few of the choices. I was scoring 11 and above on the practice tests, so here's hoping to the experimental passage theory...

Adam

I hope so too... :scared: :scared: