You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Did anyone see The OSU CRUSH MICHIGAN ?!!!!!
Started by Matte Kudesai
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
B
b&ierstiefel
From my perspective, it was an ugly game. I'm sure you were partying it up that night 😀 .
I actually left during the 3rd quarter...decided to say screw it and drive down to San Diego. 12 hours later I got back into LA, checked my email and saw the barrage of emails sent to me from my friends back home, "Michigan sucks!" "Go Blue...haha!" "Have fun getting spanked in the Rose Bowl." etc.
OSU just flat out out-played the Wolverines. Man, you better have gotten drunk that night like everyone else in Columbus! 🙂
I actually left during the 3rd quarter...decided to say screw it and drive down to San Diego. 12 hours later I got back into LA, checked my email and saw the barrage of emails sent to me from my friends back home, "Michigan sucks!" "Go Blue...haha!" "Have fun getting spanked in the Rose Bowl." etc.
OSU just flat out out-played the Wolverines. Man, you better have gotten drunk that night like everyone else in Columbus! 🙂
Did anyone see OSU go 7-4 this season, 4-4 in the big ten, and have to play in the Independence bowl or some other such crappy D level game while Michigan once again goes to the Rose Bowl? 😛
Actually, I watched the game with a few OSU fans and a few UM fans, and after the Iowa game we all agreed that everyone had a decent day over it all. You should enjoy the victory - OSU definitely played better (except for that 10 minute stretch in the 1st quarter).
I do like OSU's band - great stuff. U of M's band is outstanding too - props all around to the band nerds!
Actually, I watched the game with a few OSU fans and a few UM fans, and after the Iowa game we all agreed that everyone had a decent day over it all. You should enjoy the victory - OSU definitely played better (except for that 10 minute stretch in the 1st quarter).
I do like OSU's band - great stuff. U of M's band is outstanding too - props all around to the band nerds!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
You do realize, yaah, that Michigan IS gonna get their asses handed to them in the Rose Bowl right? Michigan does better in lower bowls like Capital One or Citrus or whatever. We do decently to well against SEC teams but those Pac-10 teams have Michigan's number. I hate to be a Negative-Nancy about this but I'm just being realistic.
yaah...were you a band geek in college?
yaah...were you a band geek in college?
B
b&ierstiefel
BTW yaah, I think now would be a good time to whip out your "Bite me" line. 😀
yaah said:Did anyone see OSU go 7-4 this season, 4-4 in the big ten, and have to play in the Independence bowl or some other such crappy D level game while Michigan once again goes to the Rose Bowl? 😛
Actually, I watched the game with a few OSU fans and a few UM fans, and after the Iowa game we all agreed that everyone had a decent day over it all. You should enjoy the victory - OSU definitely played better (except for that 10 minute stretch in the 1st quarter).
I do like OSU's band - great stuff. U of M's band is outstanding too - props all around to the band nerds!
Even though we generally sucked this year it was nice to beat Michigan at home. 🙂
B
b&ierstiefel
Michigan rarely beats OSU in the horseshoe anyway. And OSU always brings its A-game when they play the wolverines.
AndyMilonakis said:You do realize, yaah, that Michigan IS gonna get their asses handed to them in the Rose Bowl right? Michigan does better in lower bowls like Capital One or Citrus or whatever. We do decently to well against SEC teams but those Pac-10 teams have Michigan's number. I hate to be a Negative-Nancy about this but I'm just being realistic.
yaah...were you a band geek in college?
I only wish I was a band geek. My school wasn't really big enough to have a band. Besides, I only learned the piano and in order to play the piano in a marching band one must be hideously strong as well as coordinated. I met the U of M marching band director - he can't be much more than 30 and is really a neat guy. I always wanted to play the trumpet so if I had to do it over again I might try to learn the trumpet and be in a band. That way, I could also moonlight in an orchestra or something.
Wasn't there a statistic thrown out about how OSU hasn't won two straight at the horseshoe over Michigan since like 1986? Granted, a lot of those years encompassed the John Cooper era, but that suggests that U of M actually wins quite often at the Horseshoe.
And yes, perhaps Michigan will get whupped in the Rose Bowl. But USC will be playing in the title game, so they would play Cal, or perhaps the Rose Bowl would pull in Oklahoma.
Doctor B. said:As an Illinois fan (yes, I am suffering) I was hoping that somehow they could both lose 🙂.
Well, when Illinois whips the heck out of both U of M and the OSU in basketball, you will be able to gloat. I went to one U of M basketball game so far and they are a decent team but very inconsistent. When they put their minds to it, they are a fantastic defensive team. However, that doesn't happen all the time! And they have a guy with about a 50 inch vertical leap.
I hope Illinois can uphold all their preseason hype. They should be awesome but we've all seen teams that are highly ranked pre-season fold. I think they can do it though. It's certainly been too long since the Flyin' Illini.
Doctor B. said:It's certainly been too long since the Flyin' Illini.
The Kendall Gill/Nick Anderson years? Good stuff. Glen Rice was a stud in 1989 for Michigan.
B
b&ierstiefel
Did Glen Rice play the year when Michigan won the NCAA tournament right? I think that year Duke or Tark's UNLV team was slated to win it all but Michigan ended up going all the way.
yaah said:The Kendall Gill/Nick Anderson years? Good stuff. Glen Rice was a stud in 1989 for Michigan.
That's the team. Unfortunately, they couldn't block out and lost to Michigan in the last seconds of the game. It haunts me still...
AndyMilonakis said:Did Glen Rice play the year when Michigan won the NCAA tournament right? I think that year Duke or Tark's UNLV team was slated to win it all but Michigan ended up going all the way.
Rice was the tournament MVP in 1989, he averaged about 35 a game I think. I am not sure who was favored overall at the start though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K