1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Did anyone....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by FutureNSXDent, Sep 12, 2002.

1. FutureNSXDent

FutureNSXDent Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

...apply to MArquette/Arizona/Meharry? If so, what were your main reason(s) for applying the the specificied school?

Thanks!

NSXDent

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Marquette because 25% of their class is made up of students from my undergrad (20 out of 80 incoming students usually). They also have a new building which means new equipment and a new curriculum to go with it. New curriculum will focus more extensively on clinical instruction, which I am very interested in.

Arizona because they are recruiting heavily here at my undergrad, and I expect that 10-15 students from my undergrad will comprise their incoming class of 50. I've also had extensive experience volunteering with Native American/minority populations. Also, Arizona will have all new equipment. Along with this, I'm interested in the M.P.H. degree which accompanies the DDS -- leadership skills are always of interest to me.

Those are the general reasons for my applying to those schools. I have some other personal reasons, but they are probably minor when compared to the above reasons.

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    By the way, you aren't having trouble with filling out secondaries, are you? Fishing for ideas perhaps? Tsk, tsk! ;)