Did Graduate Coursework after Undergrad...Rate my Chances Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyc1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
bump - anyone?

Also, the MS was in Basic Medical Sciences, and the curriculum mostly matched those of medical students (i.e. it was not graduate work in an unrelated field)

There are schols that reward reinvention. NYMC, Rosy F, Drexel, Tulane, BU, SUNY Upstate, Tufts, and Albany are the ones I know about. You might be OK for the rest of the SUNY system as well.

Try all low-tiers, DO programs (NYIT and TUCOM-NY are in your backyard) and all new MD programs.

Hey everyone,
Going to give a decent summary of me as the applicant - let me know what you guys think.

From New York, did my undergrad at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. Lived a privledged sort of lifestyle, didn't know/care what I wanted to study until my junior year.

sGPA: 2.8 (failed calculus my first semester Freshman year)
regular GPA: 3.6
cumulative: 3.2

Enrolled in Master's program in Michigan, Grad sGPA: 3.65 (22 credits)

MCAT: 31 (11 PS, 11 V, 9 Bio)

Now work at Columbia Medical Center in New York City doing clinical research.

I have solid extracurriculars (taught high school science, research in France, volunteering, etc) and solid letters of recommendation.

What do you guys think? Any particular tips on what I should do next? I applied to around 30 schools. I enrolled also at NYU's Master's in Biology to finish the Master's Degree while I'm in NY, and to raise my GPA even more.

Thanks a bunch!