Did schools ask about speeding tickets?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumbleMD

hmmmm...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had a friend ask me whether or not schools asked for information on speeding tickets. I couldn't remember for the life of me, but I thought one school did. I scoured my secondaries but couldn't access them all. Does anyone remember if any schools asked about speeding tickets? (Schools may include UPitt, UMich, UPenn, WashU, Emory, Duke, Baylor, MSUCHM, UCSD, Nebraska, Wayne State, UNC, Oregon, UWash, or UCDavis).

Members don't see this ad.

Im pretty sure they all do.

I mean speading puts the public at risk, which is the violation of the hippocratic oath.

if you have any speeding tickets you can't be a doctor.

Vermont did. I think they wanted everything for the past 4 or 5 years, but I don't recall exactly. Maybe that one speeding ticket (received on the way to a meeting with a clinical preceptor no less) was why they didn't want to interview me...

Members don't see this ad :)
Im pretty sure they all do.

I mean speading puts the public at risk, which is the violation of the hippocratic oath.

if you have any speeding tickets you can't be a doctor.

Yeah, what Disinence said! :thumbup:

Are there schools that ask if your parents or grandparents ever broke a law? There are some schools that ask this for undergrad admissions :eek: :scared: Rest assured, my parents didn't do anything wrong except get green cards a little over couple decades ago :laugh:

My school conducts a polygraph at the interview, including questions on the frequency of "self-stimulation".

My school made me report my speeding tickets. I don't really understand why, only one of them was I on crack, the rest I was just drunk but seriously who isn't anymore?:thumbup:

I got a speeding ticket on my way home from an interview.

Did you ask the school you interviewed at if they validate tickets? :laugh:

Um...no... I have yet to encounter a school that cares if you exceed the speed limit, especially the ones in TX, which drop randomly to give tiny townships revenue opportunities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um...no... I have yet to encounter a school that cares if you exceed the speed limit, especially the ones in TX, which drop randomly to give tiny townships revenue opportunities.

Temple, Texas... enough said

I can't say that I was asked this question but they will throw alot of ethical questions at you. Personally, I would rather be asked about speeding tickets.

yes they do. They also check if you got tickets for going too slow. That would be going against the speed and efficiency required in the medical profession.

I think doctors that speed are good for medicine. I mean if you are on call at home and you get paged into a surgery or consult, they need to know that you are going to put the pedal of your 7 series BMW to the metal and get there before the guy dies.

does this mean I can list traffic school as one of my ECs???;)

I think doctors that speed are good for medicine. I mean if you are on call at home and you get paged into a surgery or consult, they need to know that you are going to put the pedal of your 7 series BMW to the metal and get there before the guy dies.

Word. :thumbup:

I was asked about speeding tickets at my interview. Just be honest, OP, it shouldn't hurt your chances.

I was never asked about it on any apps.

Cincy asks this question on it's secondary.

I too was asked about speeding tickets in my interview. I admitted that I have way more then my fair share. He laughed hysterically and told me that he has a lead foot too, and then we moved on to other topics. :D

What in the ****? I'm definitely listing my lead foot as an EC.