Did the MCAT have more/less/same PS calculations as on practice AAMCs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phoenix.

Emdee Jaydee
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is to help those of us soon to take the MCAT:

If you've taken a recent MCAT (i.e., starting with the January 2007 administration to the present) please indicate whether you felt the actual MCAT you took had more, less, or about the same amount of PS calculations as you felt were represented on AAMC practice tests.

And, if you felt that a particular PS practice test section was more representative than others, please say which.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I voted for more. But I should also tell you that this poll will probably tell you nothing about how your exam is going to be. I took the exam today and felt like there was more calculations on this test than the AAMC practice tests, however my friend took the April 16 MCAT and thought the PS was the same as the practice tests. It really just depends on your test form.

I took the exam today as well and I agree with the above poster. You just have to resign yourself to knowing everything I guess :scared:

I voted for more. But I should also tell you that this poll will probably tell you nothing about how your exam is going to be. I took the exam today and felt like there was more calculations on this test than the AAMC practice tests, however my friend took the April 16 MCAT and thought the PS was the same as the practice tests. It really just depends on your test form.

exactly.