Did this mistake kill my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to around 30 schools.

I submitted about 2/3 of my secondaries by mid august, and the rest late august/early september.

I know the conventional wisdom is to submit the first day I can… did I submit too late and kill my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Your signature says you have received 2 IIs→ your application is not dead. Earlier is obviously better but quality secondaries trumps timing. Focus on those IIs u got this

Reactions: 4 users
I do not think you killed your application; however, you will need to make sure that you are as prepared as possible for your two interview invites. I would recommend using SDN, the MSAR and the free MedSchool Explorer tool to do as much research on the schools as you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you submitted at least 20 secondaries before Labor Day and have gotten 2 interview invites thus far, you've had an average cycle. Now make the most of those two interviews and hope that, perhaps, one more might come your way.

Reactions: 5 users
It depends on how strong your application is, but in general that is not so late that you should think you're screwed.

Reactions: 1 user