Did you get in with a low GPA (3.0 - 3.3)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthstudent69

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so currently my GPA isn't that high (3.05) and I'm hoping by the end of my senior year next year I'll have it to up to 3.2 ~ 3.3. I am going to try and get at least a 22 on the DATs. My question is did any of you guys have similar stats as me and still got into dental? Looking for some hope right now lol

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a dental student (yet), but I did get 4 interviews and 2 acceptances this year. My sci and overall GPA's around both around 3.30. I got a 2o or 21 DAT ( I don't remember, but if you're really that curious you can check my post history).

Prehealth you seem to spend a lot of time on SDN creating posts asking if you have a shot. You really should be spending more time studying for your classes and for the DAT which essentially will make or break your chances of getting into dental school

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prehealth you seem to spend a lot of time on SDN creating posts asking if you have a shot. You really should be spending more time studying for yor classes and for the DAT which essentially will make or break your chances of getting into dental school
no pressure

Prehealth you seem to spend a lot of time on SDN creating posts asking if you have a shot. You really should be spending more time studying for yor classes and for the DAT which essentially will make or break your chances of getting into dental school
Sim, I will post when and what I want. Thanks for the advice though.

Which is good for you because the addCom love to see online forum activity from their applicants.
just-kidding.gif

Reactions: 1 users
SND shares their roster of members with any addCom that requests it. As long as you signed up with a fake name and duplicate email, i'm sure you'll be fine.

SND shares their roster of members with any addCom that requests it. As long as you signed up with a fake name and duplicate email, i'm sure you'll be fine.
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I highly doubt addcom's would take their time to search if an applicant has an SND account and than proceed to see how much time they spend on the forum...

Studies show a great deal of information about a person's 'real life' personality can be garnered from how that individual acts from behind a quasi veil of anonymity that public forums allow. They dont care so much in the volume of the posts, but in the quality and content.

Reactions: 1 user
Studies show a great deal of information about a person's 'real life' personality can be garnered from how that individual acts from behind a quasi veil of anonymity that public forums allow. They dont care so much in the volume of the posts, but in the quality and content.
Alright well seeing as how you're extremely full of it, i'll take that with a grain of salt lol

maybe some of my older posts will give you a clue.

He is actually giving good advice. You just seem to be the type who is too hard headed to heed others advice. Plus, everyone is different even if they have a similar GPA. They might have done some volunteering that was completely different from shadowing a dentist, done research, published a paper, got a master's, etc. They may have gotten a killer DAT score while doing something else extraordinary. Anyway, with that attitude, good luck listening to anyone.