Matching OMFS with Low Class Rank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tvirtumas

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know similiar questions have been posted before but many of those are older threads. Ive heard matching has gotten more competitive year after year. I'm curious what my chances would be matching with a 40-50% class rank assuming that my CBSE score ends up being average.

The main question I have is would an internship make up for this?

Members don't see this ad.

I know similiar questions have been posted before but many of those are older threads. Ive heard matching has gotten more competitive year after year. I'm curious what my chances would be matching with a 40-50% class rank assuming that my CBSE score ends up being average.

The main question I have is would an internship make up for this?
Probably, but it really depends on CBSE. Intern year not so bad at some hospitals

Havent matched yet but I'm currently at 17 interviews out of 40 apps with 60% percentile class rank and 78 EPC CBSE

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I put this in here just because I was surprised by the effect class rank has (I previously didnt think it mattered much). But I also have 17 interviews out of 20 apps with top 25 percentile class rank and 74 EPC.

Reactions: 2 users
Havent matched yet but I'm currently at 17 interviews out of 40 apps with 60% percentile class rank and 78 EPC CBSE
Thanks this gives me hope
I just don’t want to invest a ton of time into something that won’t happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Following this thread, interested to see how it turns out for you.

I imagine letters of rec and other softer factors would become super important in this situation