Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking at Georgetown and JHU's post-bacc programs, here's my deal:
I was a history and Spanish major at Ohio State, GPA of 3.8
I took a quarter of honors bio, chem, but NO physics, calc, ochem, etc
I've been teaching for the last 4 years, thinking about going back to school but wanting to "be sure" about what I was jumping into for the rest of my life, and decided I'd love medicine (surgery, maybe oncology).
I'm gonna post in nontraditional too, but I'm interested in whether post-bacc worked for any of you for reasons other than 1) you didn't get in on your first try, and 2) you needed to beef up your gpa.
I also wanna know how much time you were spending on your post bacc studies -is this a 50 hour a week thing, 100 hour a week thing, or what? (Assuming you're going full-time). I mean, I lived with a bunch of bio and chem majors when I was in school, and to be honest, I thought they worked not so very hard (okay, so their gpa's reflected that sometimes). I have a 2 year old, and as badly as I want to this, I also want to have time for him.
Also interested in whether anyone thought their post-bacc had an impact on gpa (like, the program was structured to help you do well, or had a sink or swim attitude, how hard was it to get the Spectactular grade versus the Survival grade). Obviously mine would be critical, since my science/math and most recent work would all be wrapped up in it.
I was a history and Spanish major at Ohio State, GPA of 3.8
I took a quarter of honors bio, chem, but NO physics, calc, ochem, etc
I've been teaching for the last 4 years, thinking about going back to school but wanting to "be sure" about what I was jumping into for the rest of my life, and decided I'd love medicine (surgery, maybe oncology).
I'm gonna post in nontraditional too, but I'm interested in whether post-bacc worked for any of you for reasons other than 1) you didn't get in on your first try, and 2) you needed to beef up your gpa.
I also wanna know how much time you were spending on your post bacc studies -is this a 50 hour a week thing, 100 hour a week thing, or what? (Assuming you're going full-time). I mean, I lived with a bunch of bio and chem majors when I was in school, and to be honest, I thought they worked not so very hard (okay, so their gpa's reflected that sometimes). I have a 2 year old, and as badly as I want to this, I also want to have time for him.
Also interested in whether anyone thought their post-bacc had an impact on gpa (like, the program was structured to help you do well, or had a sink or swim attitude, how hard was it to get the Spectactular grade versus the Survival grade). Obviously mine would be critical, since my science/math and most recent work would all be wrapped up in it.