Did You Wear Glasses or Contacts to Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you wear your glasses or contacts for interviews?

• Glasses

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Contacts

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • Niether, I have perfect vision you four-eyes...

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Sunglasses, like Horatio Caine from CSI: Miami

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters

metalgearHMN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always wear glasses but maybe I should wear contacts for interviews because I've been told I look better w/o glasses. However, glasses make me look smarter, and more approachable in a way.

Which did you wear?

Members don't see this ad.

Glasses make you look smarter, yes. But if you don't feel as confident its a waste. I don't wear my glasses unless I'm being sloppy for the day. Its up to you. If you feel better in your glasses, wear them.

wear whatever helps you see. beyond that, i don't think it matters much. what you say makes you appear smart, not what's on your face!

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought about this for a bit, then realized I almost never wear my glasses anymore and feel weird in them. So I went with the contacts.

Go with whatever feels more comfortable to you.

Ehhh... words help. My public speaking teacher has to disagree with you though. He told us to wear our glasses any day we had a speech to give. Now I know its one guy, but he's got some weight behind him as far as qualifications :p.

Ehhh... words help. My public speaking teacher has to disagree with you though. He told us to wear our glasses any day we had a speech to give. Now I know its one guy, but he's got some weight behind him as far as qualifications :p.

Wore my glasses to every interview. I thought I looked smarter :p. No rejections...but can't say for sure whether or not my glasses pulled me through. ;)

This is a very interesting question. People say I look better without glasses. However, I look smarter with glasses. I am also not sure about weather I should wear glasses or not. :confused:

Neither. But that doesn't help you guys. :D

Honestly, I'd wear whichever you wear more often (and are more comfortable in).

I only wear glasses when I am feeling super lazy, which you would think would be all the time considering my most recent semester, but I somehow gather the motivation to spend 20 seconds of my life putting contacts in almost everyday. Wear whatever you usually wear and just rock it.

I only wear glasses when I am feeling super lazy, which you would think would be all the time considering my most recent semester, but I somehow gather the motivation to spend 20 seconds of my life putting contacts in almost everyday. Wear whatever you usually wear and just rock it.

Or you could save those 20 seconds every day and get extended wear contacts. :D One of the best decisions of my life.

I wore glasses. I'm already younger than most applicants, and I've been told I look a bit older in glasses.

I wore contacts to all of my interviews except for one because they tore when I tried putting them in.... I don't think it matters either way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or you could save those 20 seconds every day and get extended wear contacts. :D One of the best decisions of my life.

Like ones you wear for up to a month at a time? Those freak me out. They can't possibly be healthy for your eyes.

Like ones you wear for up to a month at a time? Those freak me out. They can't possibly be healthy for your eyes.

Your eyes will dry up like prunes, not to mention all that protein and bacteria building up on the lens.

Glasses!! :D

But I love my glasses... even though I eventually want to get laser eye surgery, I'm probably still going to get faux-frames, because I'm a cutie pie in glasses... you know, the cute/geeky thing!

Haha, what can I say? I'm a nerd at heart! :love:

But honestly, do whatever you're most comfortable in, and what ever makes you feel most "you"... confidence is key!

Wore my glasses to every interview. I thought I looked smarter :p. No rejections...but can't say for sure whether or not my glasses pulled me through. ;)

lol. I feel the same way! I don't like contacts (plus I have bad allergies) and I don't wear my glasses as much as I should. However, for interviews, I made sure to wear them. 1) I think I look smarter in them 2) I know I look better in them (they are perfect for my face!)

I'm glad the OP made this post. It's nice to know there are others out there struggling the same silly battles I am :laugh:

I haven't updated my glasses prescription in a few years, so I wore my contacts. But I probably would have worn my contacts anyway.

I wore contacts most of the time, but ended up having trouble at my last interview and thus went with glasses instead.

That ended up being my only acceptance.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

None of this matters unless your glasses are pink, zebra-striped, and covered with rhinestones, btw.:thumbup:

I look 12 in contacts, so I gotta have my glasses on to be taken seriously.

I took public speaking and my professor said the same thing. He said that whether we want to admit it or not we judge "a book by its cover" whether we are aware of it or not. We also play into stereotypes, such as "glasses make people look smarter."

When I wear my contacts I look like I'm on the tail end of a week long bender. Glasses cover up the circles under my eyes so I wore those to interviews.

I wore contacts most of the time, but ended up having trouble at my last interview and thus went with glasses instead.

That ended up being my only acceptance.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

None of this matters unless your glasses are pink, zebra-striped, and covered with rhinestones, btw.:thumbup:

Are your's such glasses? ;)

If so, they accepted you on swag alone haha

I have to wear my glasses! I can't see too well without them, and I don't own any contacts!

There should be a poll option for both. :) Some interviews I've worn glasses, some contacts. Just depends on what mood I'm in.

Shutter_shades.jpg

Damn straight I'm a pimp.

Not during the interview as I can see fine but I always bring them in case I need to sit in on a lecture (can't see well from far away) or I will sometimes wear them while traveling to look super nerdy.

i wear glasses for distance only so you find the happy medium-walk into the interview with your glasses on, shake hands, take the glasses and tuck them into your inner suit pocket...you just showed both looks :p haha

I wore glasses. I'm already younger than most applicants, and I've been told I look a bit older in glasses.

Ditto. Not that I'm really younger than most applicants now... I'm about average. But people on the street tend to think I look 16. So dressing up in a suit and wearing my glasses makes me look a bit older.

Of course, when I first got my glasses, I think only 2 of my classmates noticed that I was wearing them. So I guess I look better in them anyway? I think I'd freak out my coworkers if I suddenly switched to contacts.

Ditto. Not that I'm really younger than most applicants now... I'm about average. But people on the street tend to think I look 16. So dressing up in a suit and wearing my glasses makes me look a bit older.

Of course, when I first got my glasses, I think only 2 of my classmates noticed that I was wearing them. So I guess I look better in them anyway? I think I'd freak out my coworkers if I suddenly switched to contacts.

Haha, I didn't wear them to class once and everyone noticed.:laugh::laugh:

It takes hard work convincing everyone you're a nerd, you know!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Glasses!! :D

But I love my glasses... even though I eventually want to get laser eye surgery, I'm probably still going to get faux-frames, because I'm a cutie pie in glasses... you know, the cute/geeky thing!

Nothing screams "tool" like fake glasses. Seriously.

Nothing screams "tool" like fake glasses. Seriously.

Surprising, because I was under the impression nothing screamed "tool" more than some anonymous internet forum reader calling a nice, pretty girl who was having some good humored fun in a benign forum a "tool".

Have a nice day :laugh:

I wore glasses to my first interview and contacts to my second interview. Both schools accepted me.