Didn't enter titles for my LoR writers. How will schools differentiate which is science vs. non-science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachesandoranges

Reaction score
[title]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just realized that I had neglected to put titles (e.g. Professor of _) for my letter writers since it wasn't a required field on the form. Will schools be able to recognize which is my science vs. non-science letter writers? I assume they will have said something in their letters that makes it very clear how they know me, and some of them I mentioned in my activities descriptions.

One of my professors I did research with for 4 years and also took one of his classes. I asked him to mention the class I took with him in my request, but I'm not completely sure that he did. Will this be a problem? Should I reach out to schools if they have specific requirements about this?
Hopefully the reference know who to describe the relationship with you. Force us screeners to READ...gasp! :)

Just realized that I had neglected to put titles (e.g. Professor of _) for my letter writers since it wasn't a required field on the form. Will schools be able to recognize which is my science vs. non-science letter writers? I assume they will have said something in their letters that makes it very clear how they know me, and some of them I mentioned in my activities descriptions.

One of my professors I did research with for 4 years and also took one of his classes. I asked him to mention the class I took with him in my request, but I'm not completely sure that he did. Will this be a problem? Should I reach out to schools if they have specific requirements about this?
I'm sure each writer will mention how they came to know you

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Generally, a professor will give their title; that's a clue that the writer is science or non-science. The letterhead often includes the writer's department which is another clue.

Reactions: 2 users