Didn't honor radiology rotation

Started by Ernny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ernny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out today that I didn't honor my radiology rotation, which I don't really know why.... Anyway, I looked at the PD survey and most of them think it's important to honor your desired specialty...... so am i in trouble?? 🙁
 
Last edited:
This is not a deal breaker for matching into radiology, however if you are looking for top notch programs, it may hurt you.

For Top programs: Having something in your application that most people don't have (like a paper in Radiographics) is a deal maker. Not having something that most people have (like honor in radiology, good LORs, ...) is a deal breaker.

Good Luck.
 
This is not a deal breaker for matching into radiology, however if you are looking for top notch programs, it may hurt you.

For Top programs: Having something in your application that most people don't have (like a paper in Radiographics) is a deal maker. Not having something that most people have (like honor in radiology, good LORs, ...) is a deal breaker.

Good Luck.

It's not even possible to honor radiology at my school... so OP I imagine you will be okay.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you shark and IJL.
I am not really aiming for super top notch programs, however, i don't want to scramble and go to programs that went unfilled the previous cycle....I just want to be in a decent place.....
This is so depressing 🙁
 
You shouldn't worry about it, I only "Passed" my rads rotation and was able to match, I know many people who didn't Honor and still matched. All 13 applicants from my school (US mid level) matched last year.