Difference between Robbins Review of Pathology (question book) 1st and 2nd edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Don

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I purchase the 2nd edition or just stick to the first one? Any info on this is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Don said:
Should I purchase the 2nd edition or just stick to the first one? Any info on this is appreciated, thanks!

The second edition has a few more questions added to each chapter. Besides that, they are identical. I worked through both books (one during the pathology course) and one during board preparation and found them to be virtually identical. Hope this helps!

Pox in a box said:
The second edition has a few more questions added to each chapter. Besides that, they are identical. I worked through both books (one during the pathology course) and one during board preparation and found them to be virtually identical. Hope this helps!

thanks for the info!

I recommend buying the second edition, if you haven't already bought the first edition. It has about 20% more questions, it has a final exam section in the back which the first edition doesn't have, and the multiple-choice question format is improved and more challenging. I also think that the second edition includes a few more color photos.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they actually change any questions?

Overall, the cover says 1200 questions as opposed to the 1st edition's 1100. $40 for 100 questions is a tough sell unless they spiced up the old 1100 with some new ones.

beastmaster said:
Did they actually change any questions?

Overall, the cover says 1200 questions as opposed to the 1st edition's 1100. $40 for 100 questions is a tough sell unless they spiced up the old 1100 with some new ones.
anyone with new info about this, I have the 1st one and I am debating buying the second for boards