1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Robbins Review of Pathology (question book) 1st and 2nd edition?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by Dr. Don, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Should I purchase the 2nd edition or just stick to the first one? Any info on this is appreciated, thanks!

2. Pox in a box

Pox in a box 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

The second edition has a few more questions added to each chapter. Besides that, they are identical. I worked through both books (one during the pathology course) and one during board preparation and found them to be virtually identical. Hope this helps!

3. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks for the info!

4. carrigallen

carrigallen 16th centry dutch painter
    10+ Year Member

I recommend buying the second edition, if you haven't already bought the first edition. It has about 20% more questions, it has a final exam section in the back which the first edition doesn't have, and the multiple-choice question format is improved and more challenging. I also think that the second edition includes a few more color photos.

5. beastmaster

beastmaster Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Did they actually change any questions?

Overall, the cover says 1200 questions as opposed to the 1st edition's 1100. $40 for 100 questions is a tough sell unless they spiced up the old 1100 with some new ones.

6. Nflow

Nflow Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

anyone with new info about this, I have the 1st one and I am debating buying the second for boards