Different exams weighted differently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the DAT pretty soon and I've been worried about getting the exam with the philosophy passage after reading some posts here on SDN.

I believe that there are 3 different exam forms. If I take the one with the dreaded reading section, then is my RC score based on everyone else's scores who took this specific form or based on how everyone scored irregardless of which form they were given?

I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for the FRAP question early on so I won't be in for a shocker when I reach the RC section.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking the DAT pretty soon and I've been worried about getting the exam with the philosophy passage after reading some posts here on SDN.

I believe that there are 3 different exam forms. If I take the one with the dreaded reading section, then is my RC score based on everyone else's scores who took this specific form or based on how everyone scored irregardless of which form they were given?

I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for the FRAP question early on so I won't be in for a shocker when I reach the RC section.

Really, that many? If they were scored differently would that not defeat the purpose of a standardized test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Really, that many? If they were scored differently would that not defeat the purpose of a standardized test?

you mean, everybody getting same test?! :confused:
from reading in Sdn, it seemes there are more than one test. how they standarize different versions and giving scores based on different tests, you tell us how they do that.

so here how it is there are averages in reagrd to each test and those averages which are specfic to each exam is used to get ur grade, which would then be comparable to other peeps with other forms

you mean, everybody getting same test?! :confused:
from reading in Sdn, it seemes there are more than one test. how they standarize different versions and giving scores based on different tests, you tell us how they do that.

It was a facetious remark.

I just hope, that if one exam is harder (ie people tend to do worse on it compared to the others) that there will be some sort of score adjustment otherwise it just isnt fair.

I hope you guys are not serious.

If there was that few sets of exams, somebody should have already gotten 30s in every single section.

But, I agree that there are harder ones. I took it twice and I thought the 2nd one was way harder than the first one.