Different sets of letters for DR/IR and DR?

Started by Cheyf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cheyf

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i am in the process of asking for letters. Is it necessary for my letter writers to write two separate letters or is it acceptable to upload the same letters for both? Asking letters from a surgeon, two radiologists, and a cardiologist.
 
4th year here, I'm wondering about this as well. Applying to the integrated IR as well as DR programs with ESIR.

Also, when I am interviewing at DR programs, any advice on whether or not I should downplay my interest in IR if interviewing with a DR attending?
 
You only need one letter. I only had an IR attending write a letter for me. I also had a surgery attending write a letter for me that I submitted to IR programs. Just tell them you're strongly interested in IR, but think that diagnostic is really cool too. If you don't say it first and talk about IR an entire interview, they'll remind you that it's mainly a diagnostic residency.