Difficulty level between different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODisme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can answer this question for me: Is there any difference in difficulty between the programs at the different schools? I mean I know that all of the schools are going to be challenging and none are going to be easy, but are there any schools out there known to be extremely tough or on the other end of the spectrum, are there any out there where the program is more laid back? If anyone has any specific information or input regarding PCO, ICO, SCCO, NECO, NOVA, or UAB please feel free to share. Thanks! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

no one can answer that question without having attending all the schools mentioned. Any answer you get will be merely speculation

Has anyone transferred schools and found a difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
Each catalog I've seen strongly discourages transferring schools, but I'd still want to hear about any cases like that.

It's not encouraged, but you can transfer under special circumstances. A girl in my 1st year class decided to move back to Indiana b/c that's where her fiance found a job. She had to start over at IU because it was more or less just a convenience thing for her. (Not that I blame her, but I'm not sure I'd redo my first year even for my husband :laugh:)

There's a girl in my class who joined at the start of our 2nd year who transferred from ICO. Her family is here and she had been making trips here a lot for medical reasons, so they allowed her to come. Btw, she has said that difficulty is more or less the same (though some things are in a slightly different order), though the feel here is more laid-back.

Check which ones are more difficult to enter based on OAT and GPA. Berkeley requires maintaining a 3.00 GPA as well.

I've heard from my opt that I work for that ICO is among the more difficult. They don't put up with much as far as not doing well in classes.