Quantcast

Dilemma...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Decan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just graduated in may with a degree in biology and a minor in psychology. I applied to Michigan (among other schools) and I was just browsing their websites today when I found out that Michigan requires that the applicants take microbiology and sociology. I have all the other requirements, but I am now enrolled in a difficult one year masters program. I talked to my advisor and he will allow me to take microbiology (even though it is an undergrad course) in the spring but since I am only allowed to take 15 credits/semester, I cant take sociology. Any suggestions?

SanOnofre2002

Huge member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take sociology at another school then. You could probably find something at a comm. college easily. Probably even a cheesy online course. Then you'll at least meet the req.
I missed those 2 reqs when I applied to Michigan so I sent a letter with my sob story about how I had already graduated and cannot take those 2 classes. They didn't care and replied there were no exceptions to the req.

Regmata

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have a psychology degree...call them and tell them that you have had years of social sciences and that you are fully aware of the plight of women, minorities and the fiscally challenged. Your minor should certainly take the place of a hundred level sociology course.