letter of intent dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted994703

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I recently interviewed at a school and i fell in love with the school. I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to send a letter of intent in a month, before dec 1st decisions are made. So far it has been my only interview and i will be more than happy to attend the school if accepted. I just dont know if later on i would get more interviews from schools that are in my state that i would be more willing to go to just for the convience of it being instate. Last cycle i was waitlisted at 2 schools and sent 1 letter of intent way too late (in june) so i dont want to make the same mistake this cycle and make sure i get accepted into a school. I appericate any advice, thank you!
 
Hi everyone! I recently interviewed at a school and i fell in love with the school. I wanted to know if it would be acceptable to send a letter of intent in a month, before dec 1st decisions are made. So far it has been my only interview and i will be more than happy to attend the school if accepted. I just dont know if later on i would get more interviews from schools that are in my state that i would be more willing to go to just for the convience of it being instate. Last cycle i was waitlisted at 2 schools and sent 1 letter of intent way too late (in june) so i dont want to make the same mistake this cycle and make sure i get accepted into a school. I appericate any advice, thank you!
No. Letter of intent is if you get waitlisted. Wait until you get a decision, and then go from there but do not send a letter in before a decision is made - you don't want to come off as desperate.
 
No. Letter of intent is if you get waitlisted. Wait until you get a decision, and then go from there but do not send a letter in before a decision is made - you don't want to come off as desperate.
thank you!!