Direct Deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apicalforamen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll make it short and sweet: I already have my stipend pay depositing directly into my current bank account. However, I just opened a USAA account and need to make that my direct deposit account -- do I do this through MODS or MyPay or something else completely? My recruiter has gone rogue, hence why I'm posting here (Yes, I know there are some threads about this, but the most recent one is like 2009 so I don't know how valid it is).

Also, for what it's worth, my MyPay page seems rather lacking....There is no current banking information on it and if you look at their YouTube help videos, their screen shows many more links than mine (i.e. I have no direct deposit link).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Should be on Mypay, at least once you're active duty. I forget what the reserve screen looked like.

Well I won't be on active duty until long after my stipend pay kicks in so that's not going to work. I'm assuming I have the "reserve screen" bc it doesn't have much.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I won't be on active duty until long after my stipend pay kicks in so that's not going to work. I'm assuming I have the "reserve screen" bc it doesn't have much.

Do you have a tab for allotments or direct deposit in your Mypay?

If not you may need to mail the info to DFAS. I'd call them.

Last edited:
Contact your mods rep. They will email you the necessary documents. Once filled out, just email it back to them and they'll get it to the right hands.

Contact your mods rep. They will email you the necessary documents. Once filled out, just email it back to them and they'll get it to the right hands.

We have a mods rep? News to me.

We have a mods rep? News to me.

Yes you do. It depends on your last name. Just call the mods number and you will be directed to the right place. From my experience with hpsp so far, almost all problems can be solved by contacting your rep.

Yes you do. It depends on your last name. Just call the mods number and you will be directed to the right place. From my experience with hpsp so far, almost all problems can be solved by contacting your rep.

There really is no "MODS representative". The HPSP office in Falls Church, VA has a staff that will basically handle EVERYTHING and EVERY question that you have. I say that because the HPSP office would prefer that after you have received the scholarship, you ask them rather than ask the recruiter. Basically, the only reason the recruiter is needed after you have the scholarship is for help with uniforms and possibly getting on post for a CAC.

Now, to the OP you need to update your banking info on MODS. Then you and your banking representative need to fill out a new 1199A (Direct Deposit Form) and turn that into the HPSP office. They (HPSP) will ensure that your banking info is updated through the Military Pay Office in San Antonio. DO NOT close the first account until having received the deposit in the new account. The Finance Office is super busy this time of year with students coming into HPSP and those leaving for active duty - it may take a while to update your stuff.

Questions? 1-800-MED-ARMY

Reactions: 1 user