1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Direct into private practice?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JonR, Mar 19, 2002.

1. JonR

JonR Senior Member

How many of you are (at this time, anyway) thinking you want to go directly into private practice after school, rather than specializing or going to GPR/AEGD programs? I am interested to know your thoughts, if you have considered this. It seems the trend is toward GPR/AEGD, but many have told me that this is just because many students are not confident in themselves and are a bit slow at first. Comments, anyone?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. quantumhead

quantumhead Verrucas Vulgaris

I would like to go into an established practice with a group of Dentists. That way I can have some experience to fall back on if I get stuck or confused. My father practiced alone for 26 years and has always said that if he could do it again he would go into a group practice for the companionship. I like the idea of a residency period for new graduates in lieu of a test.