directions to UIC Rockford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can someone please tell me how i can get to UIC rockford campus from Chicago OHare airport?

Members don't see this ad.

Do take a look at an online map, as I am not the best with giving directions!

I believe most people take the Interstate 90 tollway West out of Chicago into Rockford. As you near Rockford, take Hwy 39 West to Alpine Road. Come North on Alpine until you reach Spring Creek Rd.

Take a left (West) on Spring Creek. I believe the first stoplight after you turn on Spring Creek is Highcrest Ave. and the second stoplight is Parkview Ave. The roads are hard to see, and the two stoplights are not very far apart. ( There actually may be one stoplight before you reach either of these, but it is near a school and usually only flashes yellow -- its been a while since I've gone through there and I can't exactly remeber) When you see Highcrest get ready to turn left onto Parkview. We've had quite a few nasty accidents from people trying to get into the correct lane at the last minute. If you reach the river you've gone too far. NO SWIMMING ALLOWED!!

OK, turn left on Parkview and enjoy all of the trees as you wind your way back to UIC. I believe the Campus is on the left.

Additionally, you may wish to take the busline from Chicago-O'Hare to Rockford. There is at least one busline that runs between Rockford and O'hare. My father recently rode it and said it was very comfortable. I believe round trip is < $25. It drops you off about 2, maybe 3 miles from UIC.

I live about a mile from the campus, and dream of the day I can apply. I guess it would be best to finish high school first....

PM me if you need anything else. Good luck!!!