disability accomodations on mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mones

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you with learning disabilities, more specifically, ADHD & dyslexia, what kinds of testing accomodations were you provided with? If you requested extended time, what was the total time you were given? And if you were given extended time/double time, was the exam administered over 1 day or 2? If you were in this situation, would you please mind sharing your experiences with me? I just sent in all my documentation last week but I don't actually know how this process works.

Members don't see this ad.

I knew someone who took extra time, mind you this was a few years ago, but the test was over two days. I think she said the time given time and a half. Anyway, good luck, I'm sure they'll be accommodating - just be prepared for two long days.

Mitro said:
I knew someone who took extra time, mind you this was a few years ago, but the test was over two days. I think she said the time given time and a half. Anyway, good luck, I'm sure they'll be accommodating - just be prepared for two long days.

If one were to do this, test over two days or get any kind of extended testing what so ever, will the medical schools know anything about this? If so, wouldn't that be negative? :confused:

icebrat001 said:
If one were to do this, test over two days or get any kind of extended testing what so ever, will the medical schools know anything about this? If so, wouldn't that be negative? :confused:

yes they know, and yes it is negative. some people are currently suing to try to change that.