Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so disappointed in my PCAT score, even though this is my first time taking the PCAT. I thought I prepared very well for the June test and ended up composite of 66 🙁 I will be taking it again in October but feel as though I will not do much better because I spent a long time preparing for it using Kaplan, Barron's, and the Harcourt practice exams. Do scores really improve by retaking the PCAT?
Here's my individual scores:
Scaled Score Percentile Rank
Verbal 405 60
Biology 390 37
Reading Comp 389 33
Quantitative 426 87
Chemistry 431 89
Composite 408 66
Writing 4
My GPA is around 3.75 and I have been a non-certified pharmacy tech for about a year. I also have shadowed pharmacists at various setting and have some community service.
I just feel really discouraged after getting back my PCAT results. It seems as though you need at least 80 to be a competitive applicant. Also, my state only has one pharmacy school. I'll be applying to Madison(in state), Midwestern CCP, Minnesota, Creighton, and probably adding a school that does not require the PCAT.
Do you guys think I have a chance? 😕
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Here's my individual scores:
Scaled Score Percentile Rank
Verbal 405 60
Biology 390 37
Reading Comp 389 33
Quantitative 426 87
Chemistry 431 89
Composite 408 66
Writing 4
My GPA is around 3.75 and I have been a non-certified pharmacy tech for about a year. I also have shadowed pharmacists at various setting and have some community service.
I just feel really discouraged after getting back my PCAT results. It seems as though you need at least 80 to be a competitive applicant. Also, my state only has one pharmacy school. I'll be applying to Madison(in state), Midwestern CCP, Minnesota, Creighton, and probably adding a school that does not require the PCAT.
Do you guys think I have a chance? 😕
Any feedback would be appreciated.