Disappointed with the forum...didnt match...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt match this year .thats just one part....but I am very disapoointed with this forum because the peds people who contribute here only talk about big name programs...thats the mistake i made once......now when I actually hit the reality and ask the forum members their opinion on programs( I have posted two new threads....as I am preparing for next years match)...there's not a single reply......all of us cant do CHOP, UCSF or Boston Children? Do people on this forum only talk about big names....? :(

Members don't see this ad.

I didnt match this year .thats just one part....but I am very disapoointed with this forum because the peds people who contribute here only talk about big name programs...thats the mistake i made once......now when I actually hit the reality and ask the forum members their opinion on programs( I have posted two new threads....as I am preparing for next years match)...there's not a single reply......all of us cant do CHOP, UCSF or Boston Children? Do people on this forum only talk about big names....? :(

:laugh: Yeah, you nailed it! (no sarcasm intended)

Be patient, people will reply. Bump from time to time. The larger programs are more well known, so people talk about them a lot.

I would suggest contacting programs to show interest and see if they have any residents that would be ok with you contacting them.

sam1- I saw that in a previous thread you said that you had matched....so what happened? I am sorry and I hope that you do well in the next match.

Members don't see this ad :)
we can only talk about what we know

i only ranked programs...did'nt match

I matched. the Match Status on my NRMP account still shows...CERTIFIED ROL in Green. I thought that should change to MATCHED in green. All those who matched....any inputs on this?

I also thought that you had matched, based on one of your previous posts in a different thread.

That does tend to be a problem here. On the other hand, it's probably wise to look other places in addition to SDN for information on programs. Past grads, an advisor, people like that. Getting in contact with current residents at various programs is a good idea too and most will be happy to talk to you.

Did you find a good scramble position? Good luck.