• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Discouraged by TPR but how should I feel?

strugstofunc

2+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2018
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi guys! Rather than write a whole lot, I inserted a picture of my practice exam excel sheet.

I'm trying to gauge if I should be worried about my constant low scoring on TPR. I'm not sure if I trust their shortened tests (even though I'm taking that version July 18th) because it seems inflated. My goal score is anything about a 510+ on the real deal, and I'm not sure if my performance on TPR will suffice.

With that, I bought some NS short tests and seem to be performing much lower than my highest AAMC test. I know I have to take the NS scores with a grain of salt because the scoring could be off, but I'm really racking my head. A lot of people have told me that NS scoring is relatively accurate to AAMC compared to other 3rd party companies.

I'm just not sure what to think really. If you guys have any input on what you'd be thinking with these scores, let me know!

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 5.18.43 PM.png

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
  1. Medical Student
Since you’re only 16 days away from the MCAT, I would discourage you from using any third party materials and use exclusively the AAMC material to prime your brain into AAMC logic. Trust yout AAMC FL average and use past third party results to identify gaps in your content knowledge.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

betalactam

2+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Don't place too much stock in TPR tests - they are meant to scare you into buying their prep courses (so I've heard). I took a TPR FL after 1 month of studying and got a 491, two weeks later I got a 509 AAMC FL1, and another two weeks later I got a 512 on the real deal. Please please don't let TPR freak you out!!!

Reactions: 1 user
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.