Disgruntled Ramblings of DepressedNYCOMStudent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCOMScrubs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here you go. Why don't you post all your study break ramblings here. I really don't think that your argument with [email protected] belongs in the Class of 2005 meeting room. Nor do I think that it is the appropriate place for you to post all your disgruntled ramblings. That thread was meant for the incoming class to get together and meet each other before August. Some of the incoming studnets also use that space to ask practical questions on how to find housing and what books to buy. It is really inappropriate for you to be posting your disgruntled ramblings there. You seem to take offense when others contradict your posts about their experiences at NYCOM. You took great offense to my post and I was simply stating that you have your own view about what first year has been like and I have mine. It bothers me that you keep making blatent statements as to what NYCOM is like and the type of life the incoming students will lead solely based on your own experience. Everyone is different and everyone will appraoch NYCOM differently. Your experience is not the experience of everyone nor will it be the experience of all the incomings. Please understand this.

But, since you will obviously never understand that fact, since you will obviously never accept that the rest of us are not fabricating our experiences about NYCOM and the socail life there, since it is obvious that you will never accept the fact that we are not, nor ever have tried to sweep certain facts about NYCOM under the rug....
Use this thread to post your disgruntled ramblings. This is the appropriate place to do it. Go wild, enjoy yourself. Get all your frustration out. And if anyone is interesting in your ramblings or learning about NYCOM according to the gospel of DepressedNYCOMStudent they can read it here.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Like I said before. Stop posting your stupidity DepressedNYCOMStudent on the NYCOM Class of 2005 Meeting Room. It belongs here. If you don't realize that that is the most inappropriate place for you to bicker back and forth with [email protected] than there is no hope for you.
Maybe you should seek counseling. I hear that that HUman Diversity guy, Dr. Goldblatt is very good. Maybe he can help you. Stop trying to get your therapy from this board. The rest of us are tired of being attacked by you. You are very obvious that you are an agressive and unstable person. It scares me that I am in the same class with someone who wants to smash everyones face in. Please get counseling. This is not meant in a deragatory way. This is meant to be as caring as possible. I am worried about you and your future patients. Get help now before it is too late!

a recent post by 'depressednycomstudent' followed by concerned and sympathetic advice offered by a gentleman at yale medical school:

DepressedNYCOMstudent
Member # 4276
posted May 10, 2001 09:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My body is aching constantly as most of our classes are shifting to the 8:00AM schedule!!! If anybody has any ideas on how to feel energetic in this state of body please type here. I think women get tired more easily than men. I stopped working out because I just have no energy to run the treadmill anymore. I am so exhausted all the time. I almost fell asleep in my car while driving home today!!! I hate med school...Its the worst place I have ever been to. I can't wait to get out of here. I wish I could work out everyday, feel great, eat good, and sleep well. I hope the second year passes by without even realising it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mkwhitley
Member # 3474
posted May 13, 2001 08:54 AM
Firebird,
No I am not an MD/PhD... lilycat is correct in that I go to Yale and we have a thesis for the MD. To the NYCOM student, I think maybe you should get some help or talk to someone (I mean that in a sincere way). It is not good that you have these feelings of dispair. I agree with the other posters that this year has FLOWN by. I can not believe how much we have learned in such a short period! I REALLY enjoyed this year, even in light of the constant studying and always having that feeling of "never being caught up"... Good luck to all on their exams and have a great summer!
MKW
--------------------

------------------------
M.K. Whitley http://www.medstudentcentral.com

young woman, please commit yourself to the expertise of someone either on campus or elsewhere that can help you. you're expressing very unpleasant feelings with your school, your classmates, and your lifestyle. there have been numerous occasions on this messageboard (practically in response to every one of your posts) when people notice that you're distressed, and seek to offer advice/help. your opinions aren't "the other side of the coin;" you're being insincere when you pretend to share legitimate experiences at nycom because your emotional state effects and renders only a convoluted sense of the events there.

please realize that you honestly would benefit from formal counseling--it's been the suggestion of many people both related and unrelated to your school. i was never interested in disagreeing with the content of your posts (which are noticeably distorted) or providing another viewpoint of the activity at nycom: my interest was with you, but now i realize that your condition speaks for itself.

in my opinion, the student-doctor network messageboard is not a venue where you should seek therapeutic advice about managing your studies, your personal life, or your relationships at school; you've ignored all respondents in that regard. once again: please speak to an administrator/dean/faculty affiliated with the campus that can concentrate his/her attention towards making your medical school experience more enjoyable and healthy.

i wish you lots of luck and a productive remainder of your freshman year.

Dear Depressed, I agree that sometimes women do feel more fatigued. But if these symptoms have been persistent, you may wish to get a complete physical and a blood analysis. Fatigue can bring on depressed feelings because your body isn't working properly. Please see a doctor and get checked out!