Dismissed Charge Disclosure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastasalad12

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I had an interview at my dream school. I can't be sure, but I think that it went really well. My issue is that at the start of the summer, I was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol misdemeanor a few weeks before my 21st birthday. I talked to an attorney and was able to get it quickly dismissed. Although the secondary did not tell me to disclose dismissed charges, I'm wondering if/when I should tell the school. I would hate to have my (potential) acceptance rescinded or something even worse down the line. What should I do? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So a few weeks ago I had an interview at my dream school. I can't be sure, but I think that it went really well. My issue is that at the start of the summer, I was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol misdemeanor a few weeks before my 21st birthday. I talked to an attorney and was able to get it quickly dismissed. Although the secondary did not tell me to disclose dismissed charges, I'm wondering if/when I should tell the school. I would hate to have my (potential) acceptance rescinded or something even worse down the line. What should I do? Thanks!

Uhhhhhhhh.... not say anything unless asked about misdemeanor charges?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, just wanted to make sure. Side note: do you think that this would affect getting into residency programs later?