Disqualified from UNF without consideration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessgreg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my PTCAS application a day ago, I applied to only FL schools. I already received a response from UNF saying I was disqualified due to my GRE analytical score being 0.5 less than their min.

I'm beginning to feel very nervous because even though I realized my analytical score was on the low side, I didn't think my application would basically be tossed out without any consideration. UNF even had a school specific question that asked you to explain why your application may not reflect your true academic ability and I explained I experienced a lot of family emergencies/loss in my family and had to fly to New York on multiple occasions to deal with it. The rest of my application is strong, even the other portions of the GRE.

I do think it is reasonable the response I received from UNF. They asked for a min. score and I didn't meet it. What I want to ask now is from other applicants who are applying to other Florida schools, were any of your scores low and did it immediately disqualify you or did they still consider your application as a whole?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have applied to nearly all FL schools (USF being my top), and was already accepted to Nova. My scores were pretty average (154Q/V and 4.0W), and I was not immediately disqualified to any.

Sadly though, most schools have pretty strict GRE minimums that are clearly posted on the PTCAS website. I don't necessarily agree with the whole GRE concept, but its there and we have to deal with it. Being that their minimums are not some hidden thing, and it was clearly posted months ahead of time, I would have to say their response was appropriate. I personally would never apply to a school who's minimums I don't meet, and if I was considering it, I would have at least sent an e-mail to the pre-admissions coordinator to see if there could be an exception.

Sorry man, good luck on your other applications!

Reactions: 1 user
I was disqualified from a school because my science gpa was .01 below their minimum. And my application wasn’t reviewed

I emailed them saying I believe I’m a qualified applicant as I think my application is well-rounded, and it was disappointing that everything else in my application was neglected because of .01 gpa points. Not .1, but .01

They haven’t responded since, and I’ve moved on.

I don't have any personal experience to share, but the reason I did not apply to any PTCAS schools was because I heard that many schools automatically weed you out (like in a computerized way) if you don't meet their minimums. Unfortunately PT school admissions are just so competitive and I don't blame them for doing that. I mean, why look at anyone else when you already have a large enough pool of applicants who meet the minimums.