Distance from school

Started by caroline*
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

caroline*

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone has any experience living about a 45 minute drive from campus. Is this do-able?
Thanks in advance!
 
RSO. My fiance works in Austin so we are going to try and live in New Braunfels together (city between San Antonio and Austin) which is about 40-45 minutes away from the school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Distance from school was probably the number one quality of life improvement for me while I was in school. I lived about four blocks from campus, which allowed me quick and easy access to study, practice, get together with groups etc. without destroying my schedule. Most students probably live a little further away, but I think 45+ minutes is a pretty significant inconvenience. Obviously your life is different than mine, just my two cents.
 
Thank you for all your opinions! KHE, it is that far at the height of rush hour. At low traffic times (Sunday afternoon) it shows about 30 minutes.
Snakedoctor, I definitely see your point of view as well. We are hoping this is only temporary (1 year, at most 2) and then we can move closer to campus.
 
I had a classmate who lived an hour away and she made it work. Do what's best for you guys, and if you need to commute there are some great podcasts and audiobooks out there.