Distance Learning for Science Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tamala

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that they exist, has anyone taken a pre-requisite as an independent study/distance learn class?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I know that they exist, has anyone taken a pre-requisite as an independent study/distance learn class?

Thank you

I've taken an english class which was fun and I got an A in it. HOWEVER, this was just some random elective, not for my pre-med requirements. Make sure the schools you want to apply to accept them. UC Davis for example does not accept any online classes.

They may be more convenient, but you are usually going against a different group of students in terms of competition and this may be an issue that could weigh against you. You most likely learn the same material though, but you may not be taking classes against the usual competition found in standard classes.

Thank you

Have taken 2 on-line classes, neither a science and I would say no from my experience. For one the instructor isn't as accessible. Also, from what I found with my two classes is that there is more work involved, although I made A's in both. Plus I am not sure of any institutions that offer science classes on-line for "Majors". I have seen plenty of environmental biology and principals of chemistry but nothing that would count as a prerequisite for med. school. Well, I did see one school that offers calculus on-line.
BTW, why are there science classes for non-science majors but no humanities or art classes for non-art majors?

Thank you

Don't take them for any prereq purpose. Most US med schools either don't accept them or don't take them seriously. You will be better off taking them from a local community college.