DIT worth it?

Discussion in 'USMLE and COMLEX' started by urbanclassic, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. urbanclassic

urbanclassic 2+ Year Member

Hey everyone, I need some advice. I have about 4.5 weeks until my step exam. My *goal* for step 1 is 260.
    On CBSE:215 (End of March)
    NBME 11: 234 (End of April)

I've gone through FA about 2x. I've done pathoma 2x. I'm about to finish Uworld in the next few days. I've been doing DIT for the last two days, and while some of it has been helpful, I feel like it's not going over things certain things in FA like I thought it would. Maybe I'm too quick to judge.
    I plan to do Uworld and pathoma again. I'll also do Microcards about 1 hour a day, and some random anki cards that I made to memorize things that aren't sticking. Is it worth staying with DIT or should I just go over FA myself? Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. urbanclassic

where'd this go?

4. cyanide12345678

cyanide12345678 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At this point in your preparation I would suggest going over your weak subjects in FA again. And preferably going over all your uworld answers that you got wrong or were confused about.

DIT isn't meant to take people from a 230 to a 250. It's meant to take people from a failing grade to a 230.

DermViser likes this.
  5. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!! Lifetime Donor 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Pharmacist
    Verified
    Physician
    Rocket
    Scientist
    I agree. I am around that 190 and need to be taught or refreshed again. I think DIT is worth it as long as I review that section before in FA. So far, the only one I think is too much is the Neuro section. Cardio is really good so far.

But, I need the help to show me what exactly is going on. My max potential is around a 230, maybe 240.

That 190 is without me doing hardly any prep.

DIT refreshes it for me and they actually teach it better than most of my professors. I definitely think it will help me when I go to really learn things in my final drive. But if you around 230, then you need to go above DIT.

6. CherryRedDracul

CherryRedDracul 2 Chainz Muscular Dystrophy 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Goal is 260? Rub 2 nickels together and get through Rapid Review Pathology. Especially pay attention to the blue margin notes. That and find what other question banks you can get your hands on. UWorld is the best qbank out there, but you may still find some utility from USMLERx, Kaplan (haven't tried it), WebPath (haven't had time to try it), etc. The more exposure to material, the better.

DermViser likes this.
  7. urbanclassic

I've since ditched DIT. I'm focusing on my weak areas, and have been improving my NBME scores.
    241 NBME12 last week
    247 NBME13 today
    I'm not sure how my progress would have been with DIT, but I'm happy with my progress so far, so I don't regret ditching DIT. Little less than 3 weeks to go. 260 may seem like a reach, but I'm going to try! Why not?

8. tableconterls

tableconterls

MDApps:
    MDApps:
    Pre-Optometry
    you are right,I need the help to show me what exactly is going on. My max potential is around a 230, maybe 240.[​IMG]

9. DermViser

DermViser 5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Never understood how reading First Aid to a class is supposed to shoot scores to one standard deviation above the mean.

10. medpack87

medpack87

Attending Physician
    DIT worked for me a lot. Took from a 230ish to a whooping 249 as a step 1 score

determined1. likes this.
  11. kingofmedicine

kingofmedicine That is how daddy eat. WOOF. 2+ Year Member

Has anyone met Tao Le?

How the hell did he become the authority as to what is on the test?

DIT is not worth the price they charge. However, the price they charge is close to the cost of a Step1 these days.

I've never met a student that has gone through DIT and failed.

I have met many students that have spent upwards of $15k at the PassProgram and have repeatedly failed.

About the ads