DITY move payment time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobbyseal

Boat boy
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a partial DITY move and brought about 900 pounds. I submitted the paper work earlier this month. Anyone know what the turnaround time would be? Is the payment an EFT or does it come via check? I got my travel reimbursement - DLA, TLE, etc. I'm hoping this DITY payment wasn't included as it's a completely separate office doing it.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll answer my own question. I got the check about 3-4 weeks after I mailed it in. I transported about 900 pounds for about 2000 miles. I got paid around $0.90 a pound. It was a bit of a hassle, but I would definitely do it again. To ship a car would have run somewhere around $750-$1K. So, instead I drove the car, made it heavy, and pocketed $826. One could consider this a $1500 dollar savings...

Hi all,

I did a partial DITY move and brought about 900 pounds. I submitted the paper work earlier this month. Anyone know what the turnaround time would be? Is the payment an EFT or does it come via check? I got my travel reimbursement - DLA, TLE, etc. I'm hoping this DITY payment wasn't included as it's a completely separate office doing it.

Thanks.
What is a TLE and how long did it take to get paid tle and dla?

Members don't see this ad :)
TLE is temporary allowance for lodging. Available to people doing a PCS. If you have a local military institution, you have to stay at the military inn (Navy Gateway Inn, etc). If they don't have a room, get a statement of nonavailability. This is important or else they won't pay for your hotel. This allowance is to repay hotel rooms for 10 nights around a pcs and can be used initially or after the move or any combo of the two.

DLA is an dislocation allowance. If you're married you get it on your initial pcs to active duty. If your single, out of luck until your second pcs.

I got both of those about 1-2 weeks after submitting my travel claim.

TLE is temporary allowance for lodging. Available to people doing a PCS. If you have a local military institution, you have to stay at the military inn (Navy Gateway Inn, etc). If they don't have a room, get a statement of nonavailability. This is important or else they won't pay for your hotel. This allowance is to repay hotel rooms for 10 nights around a pcs and can be used initially or after the move or any combo of the two.

DLA is an dislocation allowance. If you're married you get it on your initial pcs to active duty. If your single, out of luck until your second pcs.

I got both of those about 1-2 weeks after submitting my travel claim.

Is TLE available for initial active duty orders? Or only between duty stations?

On the iPhone

Yes, it is available for initial orders.

Well ****, 4 military moves behind me and this is the first time I've heard of TLE. How the hell did I miss that detail? :eek: :mad:

PGG, I'm bummed out for you. That TLE thing saved us some bucks.

Well ****, 4 military moves behind me and this is the first time I've heard of TLE. How the hell did I miss that detail? :eek: :mad:

That makes me feel better about it. I felt good just because I figured DLA and retroactive partial DITY when I came on active duty.

Can you get it when you separate?