Diversity of volunteer hours

Started by Wiscoguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wiscoguy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently sitting at 90 hours between two settings (skilled nursing and inpatient). The schools I'm looking at have minimums of 40 hours between two settings.

Should I try to get more hours in a third setting or would I be okay? I will be applying this summer. Also, could I get more hours after I apply (during the fall or winter break) and write in that I would be getting more hours done before I graduate?

Current stats:

GPA: 3.95
pre req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 155 V, 154 Q, 4.0 W

Thanks for your time!
 
I'd recommend getting outpatient hours. You have SNF and inpatient which is great and better than just having outpatient but if you can I'd add some more. Yes, you can get more hours after you apply in the "Planned" section.
 
I'd recommend getting outpatient hours. You have SNF and inpatient which is great and better than just having outpatient but if you can I'd add some more. Yes, you can get more hours after you apply in the "Planned" section.
Awesome! Thanks for your input.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should be OK since you meet the minimum, but why not get more if you have the time? It's really cool to see different settings, and it could give you more to talk about during interviews or write about in your essays.
 
You're doing great but I would definitely get more if you can! I ended up with a little over 300 hours at 5 different settings (2 outpatient, 1 aquatic, 1 inpatient, and 1 nursing home) and I think that really helped me. So I say go for it!
 
I had 150 hrs btw outpatient & SNF, and my stats were similar to yours. I felt like I had plenty to talk about during my interviews & in my essays.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app