Lack of Shadowing Hours on Application

Started by streaks08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

streaks08

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a John Carroll Grad. Cell and Molecular Biology major with a 3.73 GPA. GRE: 155 Quant 154 Verb, 4.5 Writing. 500 hours of Parkinson's Disease research in a gap year so far. I only have 60 shadowing hours, 40 outpatient and 20 inpatient, but I switched from an early acceptance in DO school to pre-pt at the end of my senior year. I explained this in my personal statement. Is anybody in a similar situation? Will schools overlook shadowing hours if everything else is strong?
I am currently applying to Cleveland State, Mount St Joes, Dayton, Pitt, YSU, and Toledo. I have an interview with MSJ 11/5.
 
Some schools say if you don't meet their minimum pt shadowing hours it'll be a straight-up reject. Make sure you know the school's requirements and how strict they are about it.