Diversity topic selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daffodil017

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Diversity
1. My interest in marine ecology (grew up in Florida fishing and snorkeling, scientific SCUBA diver, tailored my bio degree to focus on marine ecology) demonstrates my skills as a life-long independent learner. Approaching problem-solving and my studies in medicine with an ecology framework allows for a diverse perspective.

2. Most of my family lives in Lebanon, a country that has been war-torn for as long as I can remember. Visiting frequently and seeing the political unrest firsthand (violent political riots, car bombings, etc.) has shaped my compassion and cultural competency.

3. Throughout elementary, middle, and high school I was involved in special programs where a small cohort of students had all of their classes together for multiple years. Because of this, I have grown up in learning communities that place a heavy emphasis on interpersonal relationships and teamwork that has shaped all of my interactions since graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

Not AdCom here - so take advice with a grain of salt . Even if you decide you use number 2, I would still find space to talk about marine ecology somewhere . It is fascinating ! It is so unusual , I would definitely want to talk to this person !

Reactions: 1 users