• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
May 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Diversity
1. My interest in marine ecology (grew up in Florida fishing and snorkeling, scientific SCUBA diver, tailored my bio degree to focus on marine ecology) demonstrates my skills as a life-long independent learner. Approaching problem-solving and my studies in medicine with an ecology framework allows for a diverse perspective.

2. Most of my family lives in Lebanon, a country that has been war-torn for as long as I can remember. Visiting frequently and seeing the political unrest firsthand (violent political riots, car bombings, etc.) has shaped my compassion and cultural competency.

3. Throughout elementary, middle, and high school I was involved in special programs where a small cohort of students had all of their classes together for multiple years. Because of this, I have grown up in learning communities that place a heavy emphasis on interpersonal relationships and teamwork that has shaped all of my interactions since graduation.

M&L

Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Not AdCom here - so take advice with a grain of salt . Even if you decide you use number 2, I would still find space to talk about marine ecology somewhere . It is fascinating ! It is so unusual , I would definitely want to talk to this person !

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.