You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DIY motivational posters
Started by Febrifuge
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick side note to Orthonut: you know the web page in the first post allows you to make YOUR OWN posters, right?
The four you put up are funny, but they're despair.com's. You can buy them on cards and calendars and everything.
The four you put up are funny, but they're despair.com's. You can buy them on cards and calendars and everything.
D
deleted87716
By the way.....it's Colombian. 😉One more...
D
deleted87716
Damn....you beat me to it....I was going to use a picture of me holding an embalming trocar for that!
D
deleted87716
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted109597
**edited For The Sake Of Avoiding Ruining This Thread**
thanks
--your friendly neighborhood appreciative caveman
--your friendly neighborhood appreciative caveman
D
deleted87716
first look-- not funny.
waited a little bit. still not funny.
👎
--your friendly neighborhood innocent victim treating caveman
Don't think he intended it to be. Second most famous atrocity photo from Vietnam.
Bump...
Recently had a patient transferred 100 miles by helicopter for . . .wait for it . . .an amputated small toe.
Patient hadn't wanted to come, waited for several hours till we had time to tell him we weren't gonna sew it back on. Left angry with referring physician. Had to agree.
No, it wasn't intended (by me) to be funny.....it was one of three posters my friend Brandon made using the link off of this website to annoy his hippie roommate. He sent them to me and I felt I should share that one given all the flak I've been catching lately for allegedly being a cold insensitive sumbitch (re: JW thread et al.)Don't think he intended it to be. Second most famous atrocity photo from Vietnam.
D
deleted87716
No, it wasn't intended (by me) to be funny.....it was one of three posters my friend Brandon made using the link off of this website to annoy his hippie roommate. He sent them to me and I felt I should share that one given all the flak I've been catching lately for allegedly being a cold insensitive sumbitch (re: JW thread et al.)
Yeah, 'cause posting THAT really helps. 🙄
thanks
D
deleted109597
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
going to Vegas in Nov. thanks for the warning.
This thread got...sad.
Although...KentW, quit medicine. You've found a new career.
DKM (because I'm a lazy *****), your friend needs to attend one of Kent's lectures on the proper use of motivational posters.
Continue. This post was the extent of my creativity.
Edit: Can I say *****? If not, please just erase it. I'd rather not get banned for being innocent. I'm innocent.
Although...KentW, quit medicine. You've found a new career.
DKM (because I'm a lazy *****), your friend needs to attend one of Kent's lectures on the proper use of motivational posters.
Continue. This post was the extent of my creativity.
Edit: Can I say *****? If not, please just erase it. I'd rather not get banned for being innocent. I'm innocent.
D
deleted87716
Don't think he intended it to be. Second most famous atrocity photo from Vietnam.
i know the photo and i know his intentions. my point was that in a thread of humorous "motivational" posters i think it is highly inappropriate. even with my semi-warped sense of humor being in peds (we can be pretty cruel sometimes, lol), i feel this (and the subsequent iraq post) crosses the line away from humor. it doesn't add anything funny to the thread at all. hopefully they will delete them and put them in the everyone forum and see what response they gets there.
both of the photos posted could spur some interesting discussions. we don't see the human side of war-- th innocent victims, the thousands of soldiers have come back without arms, legs, parts of their heads. working at walter reed i'm reminded of it daily. for every servicemember killed in combat, we have even more that aren't talked about that fill our ICU's and ortho wards.
i don't have a problem with the posts themselves-- only the decision to put them on a thread completely irrelevant to the message the photos convey.
--your friendly neighborhood disappointed caveman
i know the photo and i know his intentions. my point was that in a thread of humorous "motivational" posters i think it is highly inappropriate. even with my semi-warped sense of humor being in peds (we can be pretty cruel sometimes, lol), i feel this (and the subsequent iraq post) crosses the line away from humor. it doesn't add anything funny to the thread at all. hopefully they will delete them and put them in the everyone forum and see what response they gets there.
both of the photos posted could spur some interesting discussions. we don't see the human side of war-- th innocent victims, the thousands of soldiers have come back without arms, legs, parts of their heads. working at walter reed i'm reminded of it daily. for every servicemember killed in combat, we have even more that aren't talked about that fill our ICU's and ortho wards.
i don't have a problem with the posts themselves-- only the decision to put them on a thread completely irrelevant to the message the photos convey.
--your friendly neighborhood disappointed caveman
Sorry, the Iraq one was me. DropKick got me thinking about these poor innocent people..... 🙁 I will delete it now but would not be adverse to posting on a new thread.
I'll take a stab to keep this thread going.
Those aren't just stabs - they are quality.
8
8744
http://www.pressganey.com/scripts/news.php?news_id=208
Oh please...please...let this guy be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes.
Oh please...please...let this guy be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes.
8
8744
http://www.pressganey.com/scripts/news.php?news_id=208
Oh please...please...let this guy be the first one against the wall when the revolution comes.
By Thor I will snack on his smoking entrails.
I volunteer for the firing squad when they put that guy up against the wall. Hell, I'll even supply the ammo.By Thor I will snack on his smoking entrails.
D
deleted109597
He doesn't deserve something like a firing squad.
He deserves something much more painful. Like a tv show, where people vote on how they want him to die.
He deserves something much more painful. Like a tv show, where people vote on how they want him to die.
How about taking him up to the top of his rainbow and dropping him off?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hanging? I'll fetch the piano wire! *scurries off*He doesn't deserve something like a firing squad.
He deserves something much more painful. Like a tv show, where people vote on how they want him to die.
D
deleted87716
D


